Dizzy and Shaky after treadmill?? Why???

Options
2»

Replies

• anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Also, there are exercise machines other than treadmills you can use. If the treadmill bothers you, try an exercise bike until your fitness improves. I'd guess that an elliptical is probably going to give you the same trouble. If you try other machines, and they give you the same trouble, you need to see a doctor.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My guess is you're not eating enough to fuel your body for those workouts if you are in fact only eating 1200 calories per day. I can't tell since you're not logging food. That was happening to me when I was only eating 1200 calories and trying to run.

Also I agree with a doctor checkup, never hurts.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I always agree with asking your doctor. Have you tried electrolyte drinks or just coconut water before you start or after you finish. If you have reduced your sodium as part of your healthy lifestyle it may be as simple as that. Good luck.
  • roniredd
    Options
    This happens to me when I don't eat enough. Try to at least eat something before you get on!
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    Treadmill does this to me too, especially when I walk or run at faster speeds. I'm fine while I'm going, even slowing down, but it will hit me when I stop. Elliptical, track and trail don't, I can really go at it and not have quite the same dizziness. I have to cool down to super slow mo for a long time before I stop. I tried sipping gatorade full strength during the workout with no help. It really hit home since don't get dizzy at all on track or trail. It has to do with the moving belt, I get car sick when not driving and can't go on carnival rides either. So now, when I go to the gym, I avoid the treadmill, and use the rubberized track instead, elliptical, even the bikes, before I move on to the weight machines, and pool. I gave my home treadmill away too.