jillian michaels body revolution

Options

Replies

• morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Body Revolution is the Amazon Deal of the Day (I get daily emails about it because I love buying things from Amazon, haha)!! I'm thinking about picking it up.

I just got it. It was too good of a price to pass up. I also buy way too much from Amazon!

How much did you pay for it? I'm gutted I missed it on offer. I got the first 5 workouts for £5.99 on itunes. I'm debating whether I will get the full pack when I have finished the first month.
  • rakoczigabi
    Options
    Today was my second day. I really enjoy it :-) does anybody know how many calories we burn in one session ?
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Depends on your size, etc but my heart rate monitor says I burn about 300-350 or so per workout, but a little less than 300 on the cardio.
  • ginalynn22
    Options
    I'd love to join the group! I order BR when it was the lightening deal this past weekend on Amazon, and it got stuck in shipping somewhere with the snow storm. It is supposed to be here today finally...hopefully! I can't wait to join you guys!!
  • catalinaa21
    Options
    Hi guys I would like to join the challenge today was day 3 for me and I am feeling super sore.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    How do you all like it so far?
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just watched the promo for this video series. I'm on Level 2 of Ripped in 30 (my first Jillian Michael's DVD) and I recognized a lot of what I've done on Ripped in 30 as part of the Body Revolution moves in the promo.

One thing I don't like about RIpped in 30 is the 2 minutes of cardio mixed in with the strength training (I prefer to do cardio in a workout separate from strength). I see that in Body Revolution there is a separate cardio DVD for each level. Does that mean that the 30 minute workouts on the other 3 DVDs for each level are primarily focused on strength moves?

Wish I'd have seen the Amazon dea! Can I ask what people paid for it if you got it as an Amazon deal?
  • starwillams
    Options
    I would love to join, I'm starting my second round on Monday 13th!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I won't have the money to purchase this until February but I'm dying to do it! Are you guys doing it the full 6 days and only resting once or do you have a different way of doing it?
  • Walkerrl327
    Walkerrl327 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining the group. Today was day 5 for me. I did phase one and two over the summer, but never finished. I loved the results, but then life just got busy and I fell off the wagon. I'm excited to start again!
  • morty1966
    Options
    I won't have the money to purchase this until February but I'm dying to do it! Are you guys doing it the full 6 days and only resting once or do you have a different way of doing it?

Are you in the UK? I bought the first month (phase 1) on iTunes for £5.99. I am going to buy the whole kit in a couple of weeks when I get paid. Obviously you don't get the diet and the resistance band but I know how to eat and I picked up a cheap band on amazon.

I have done my first week, didn't find it too tough, and I did 5 days in a row, had a day off because it was Friday and I was tired, I don't think it matters too much.
  • mcl916
    mcl916 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just watched the promo for this video series. I'm on Level 2 of Ripped in 30 (my first Jillian Michael's DVD) and I recognized a lot of what I've done on Ripped in 30 as part of the Body Revolution moves in the promo.

One thing I don't like about RIpped in 30 is the 2 minutes of cardio mixed in with the strength training (I prefer to do cardio in a workout separate from strength). I see that in Body Revolution there is a separate cardio DVD for each level. Does that mean that the 30 minute workouts on the other 3 DVDs for each level are primarily focused on strength moves?

Wish I'd have seen the Amazon dea! Can I ask what people paid for it if you got it as an Amazon deal?

There is cardio mixed in, but only one minute per circuit total, just enough to get the heart rate up. It's really not bad and it gives you a little "break" from the really crazy moves lol!
  • mcl916
    mcl916 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I just started week 3 and so far I just take the one day off. Because she rotates the muscle groups you don't feel as worn out (compared to 30ds which is the same everyday, my body did not like that!). Since it's only 30 minutes I feel like I need to put the time in everyday.
  • DebDesautels
    DebDesautels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought it through Amazon last week for $69.99, I think I saw it come through on Facebook maybe. I'm starting the DVDs tomorrow and previewed a couple. The strength training circuit has some cardio intervals included.
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks much for the info on the cardio.

I'm still working on Ripped in 30 but I like Jillian's approach. The Body Revolution sounds exactly how I'd like to work out! I like the idea of a strength-based program and I like the idea that she rotates the upper and lower body workouts. I have to keep a watch on Amazon to try to snag a good price on this!

Good luck to all of you who are working on the program now!
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys. My package should arrive Tuesday so will either start Wednesday the 15th or Monday the 20th.
  • jessiej99
    jessiej99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I will start tomorrow. I have had it for a year and never completed it. Let's roll!!!
  • tfire77
    tfire77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just started week 4, I am liking this program and that it changes every 2 weeks.
  • issydeleeuw
    Options
    I just finished week one and today is the start of week two! :) I sometimes sub the cardio dvd with going to the gym and using either the stair machine or the elliptical instead.
  • morty1966
    Options
    Woo hoo, day two of week two done. I actually got up at 6 am to do it, and feel brilliant that I don't have to do it when I get home tonight. I've noticed changes already. My clothes fit a little better and I feel more toned. Only 4 more days to go of this week then it cranks up a level!