Human Dog Food

Options

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

WOAH so are you just gonna eat the one bar each day? i am excited to see how this turns out!
    [/quote]

No, I will eat the entire batch in one day. The photo is just 1/12th of the batch, I'll eat 6x a day (breakfast, morning snack, lunch etc.) the entire recipe is 1200 calories the photo is just 100 calories.

But thanks for the support!
  • holymolar
    Options
    I believe prisons give out "bars" that have all the nutrients needed. I'm pretty sure it was prisons, or something like it.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    I believe prisons give out "bars" that have all the nutrients needed. I'm pretty sure it was prisons, or something like it.

And it looks like prison food at this stage of testing too, LOL!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    How in hell did you get it tasting like raspberry chocolate and what exactly is in it? You didn't seriously blend all your daily meals into one bar did you?
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    How in hell did you get it tasting like raspberry chocolate and what exactly is in it? You didn't seriously blend all your daily meals into one bar did you?

Yup! The raspberries and chocolate protein powder are the overwhelming flavour which worked out well considering there are several cups of spinach in there giving it the green’ish hue.
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Fantastic idea... You gotta tell us how it turns out...and maybe hook us mfp members up with the recipe.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Fantastic idea... You gotta tell us how it turns out...and maybe hook us mfp members up with the recipe.

I'll definitely let you know if I make it through tomorrow. I may feel hungry since it no longer resembles normal food or I may get nauseous from eating a gelatin-like substance all day but we'll see. If it’s the consistency that grosses me out I may have to switch up some ingredients and instead try it as a baked product, some kind of healthy cake.
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do you eat it with a fork or can you pick it up and eat it like a bar?

It definitely needs to be enrobed in chocolate, yogurt or something.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1. I thought you were joking.
    2. Seriously?

3. I can't wait to see how it tastes (from your perspective)

....waiting with worms on my tongue...
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear about this one!
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Here's some human dog food: http://www.stupid.com/fun/DOGF.html
  • KLNHLN
    Options
    That was a really good idea. What did you end up putting in it?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Here's some human dog food: http://www.stupid.com/fun/DOGF.html

Kooky Chew Human Dog Food OMG...that's just too funny! It fits the topic line perfectly:wink:

Ohhh wow, what a crazy site, I want some Banana flavored Monkey Floss! I'll have to check out some more fun stuff tomorrow.

Thanks for the link Kewk!:wink: Fun!
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eureka, I’ve done it!

The only down side is that it really does resemble canned dog food, not very appetizing but it tastes like raspberry chocolate so that works.

I call it the Life Bar, All the nutritional requirements of life combine in one convenient bar*. TM patent pending ;)

Picture276.jpg

What you are looking at is 1/12 of the recipe, I cut up the recipe and placed it into 6 containers for Monday. *Each recipe makes 6 Life bars, a one-day supply. The recipe is a 40/30/30 balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein and contains 1200 calories, 131g carbohydrates, 40g fiber, 43g fats and 102g protein.

I’ll let you know if I survive until Tuesday, ha!

That's gnarly! Do you taste the spinach in it?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    OMG...I don't know what to say...you definitely set out to find something easy in exchange for a meal and looks like you've created it. Not sure I could eat something like that as a meal 6 times a day as I'm pretty visual..... I like a variety of colors in veggies etc. But I do understand the ease of "The Jetsons" theory on eating some of you brought up, because meals can be a hassle sometimes when there's so much else to do in life.:laugh:

Be interesting to hear how the day goes for you!:tongue:

I see you've got the TM pending on it, smart Girl!:wink:
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Bumping, because I want to see how this goes. :)
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Breakfast is done, it tastes good but the consistency and colour are distracting, I may have to eat the rest of the meals with my eyes closed.

No you can’t taste the spinach. I tried that theory about a year ago after reading about “green smoothies” here on MFP. Try making a smoothie with frozen mango, frozen blueberries and a cup of spinach. You can’t taste it b/c of the sugar in the mango and frozen blueberries make the smoothie dark purple rather than green. If you use fresh blueberries you will get a freckled greenish colour which isn’t pretty. Perfect to get some nutrients in your day even better if you are a parent and need to hide veggies in your kids food.

* I used water in my spinach smoothies so 0 cals. In this Life Bar creation I used milk and diet cranberry juice to get the perfect nutritional balance.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Can you let us know the exact recipe? I would like to make it to see if my husband will eat it.
  • twinsmommy7
    twinsmommy7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOL! You get points for creativity! :smile:

I'm not sure I'd be a fan of human dog food. I like variety and fresh foods too much! :smile:
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    bump: Kinda interested in how this will turn out!