Advice, please- FOR THE LADIES

Options
Hi, all: I have been having a rough time with my program lately. I recently had surgery on my eyes and I have not been able to go to the gym as much; it has been a longer recovery than I have thought. I am going to do the elyptical at home atleast. What is also not helping is that my cycle is comming soon so I am low on energy. Any advice/kind words appreciated. I also know I have been doing some stress eating. What do you all do to help with stress eating?

Replies

• kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I don't really stress eat, but as far as lowered energy due to cycle and not wanting to exercise - I typically suffer with pretty bad cramps, so I try to remind myself that my cramps are lessened in intensity if I get some exercise in the couple of days leading up to it. (The first day I take off from exercise, since all I want to do is sleep.) Hope that helps a little.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I like to have a whole bunch or premade healthy snacks/meals so that I can grab and go. If I have everything set up ahead of time, and keep all the junk out then it is easier to control myself. So something you could have set up is a bunch or broccoli and cauliflower all stemmed and washed and cut into bite size pieces and some baby carrots and then have some plain Greek yogurt on hand and dry ranch mix. Half a cup of each veggie and a quarter cup of yogurt with some ranch powder is like 100 cal but it is so filling and it satisfies my hand to mouth stress eating urges.
  • brittanywade622
    Options
    when i stress eat i just try to go for healthy snacks like honey bananas. I have to take the first day of mine off b/c my cramps are bad , but after that i just get right to it. If you can get your self started it wont be hard to keep going and any little bit is better than nothing.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well if you know you are going to be low on energy just account for it and do and easy workout; 1 of 2 thing will happen, 1. you do a light workout and its still better than no workout at all or 2. You tell youself you are going ot do a light workout and once you start moving decide you are going to kick butt anyways and do a good workout. Either way you are still ahead :wink: . Stress eating is harder, I have found personally after dieting for a while I depend on food less in my life so I do not stress eat as much as I used to. Fine another outlet for it, exercise, meditation, write it down, you will have to think about what works for you. I always find the best way to handle stress is to just tackle whatever is stressing me out because more times than not I am just overreacting and my "super long to do list" or whatever the problem is is suddenly gone!
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't get back to normal right away - don't quit! Just remember that it's ok - we alllll have problems with TOM and get through it. Even if you eat 3000+ calories, log it and know it'll be better next week. :-) good luck with your recovery too!

Also, I try to hold off for at least 10 minutes and drink a glass of water...that makes sure if I do indulge, it's not awful because I just can't eat quite as much of that delicious cheat food.