i need to lose 30 pounds in 2 months..

Options
13»

Replies

• Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Don't be too restrictive and set smaller goals that are achievable like "I will try to lose 1.5 lbs this week" not 30 pounds in 2 months. You will stress yourself out and it won't be happy, healthy or sustainable.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    oh thank u all for so much nice advice..actually the problem with losing weight slowly,for me,is that i lose motivation at times and start to get frustrated and then i go back to my previous unhealthy routine :( ..i dont know y i do that..but toooo much slow weight loss make me discouraged...:(

Well, welcome to the weight loss game. I'm pretty sure the majority of the people on this website have dealt or are dealing with the exact same problem. You've got to find a way to change that discouragement to determination to succeed.

Learn to control your portions, track your calories and sodium, and exercise at least three times a week. If you've got an Xbox you can buy The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout or Zumba if you don't have a gym membership or don't want to workout outside of your home. That's what I started with and lost about 25 lbs between the game and changing my diet.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    right now i am 158 pounds and i want to be around 133 pounds with my height of 5'7...:sick:

At that size, if you ate literally nothing for the entire two months, you would just barely make your goal - assuming you don't die along the way.

The only vaguely plausible shot you have is to do a huge amount of exercise. Like 1500 calories/day level of huge.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    IMO, setting a time frame to reach a number on the scale, especially such a short one, is setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. Instead, resolve to change your habits and celebrate any loss (wether in lbs or inches).
  • tjack25
    tjack25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is it possible... yes! But 30 pounds in 2 months is only possible for those who have an EXCESS amount of weight to lose. This goal is unrealistic for someone who is not obese.

I have lost 25 pounds in 2 months and it was very easy to do; however I'm 5'11 and my starting weight was 300 pounds! I'm looking to lose a total of 120 pounds.

Don't put that amount of pressure on yourself if you're aren't very heavy in weight. It just wont happen that fast for you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options