First week completed :) !!

I didn't introduce myself on here so just want to say HIIIII to all my fellow dieters!

Im looking to lose atleast 3 stone, 2 stone by june hopefully :) Im only 4 ft 11, so height isn't on my side.

Ive just completed my first week and lost 6lbs! I couldn't be happier, I know you always get a bigger loss on the first week but I sure as hell didn't expect that!

Any advice is welcome, cant wait to see the slimmer me :) x

Replies

• Are you doing anything special for your diet or just inyaking what mfp says hoe many cals to intake? I'm Laura btw.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    That is brilliant! Good job!
  • laurenjmartin
    laurenjmartin Posts: 28 Member
    Hey Laura, im counting calories on here about doing an exercise dvd 3 times a week. Im so unfit so its killing me but im hoping it helps. what about you?
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Awesome job!!! That is friggin' amazing. :)

Now try super hard not to fall into the trap (like I tend to do) where you get so discouraged when you don't have a loss or even a slight gain and have a pity party cheat day. Trust me, you feel even worse after. :) Sounds like you are doing EXACTLY what you need to be doing, so keep up the great work! Just stick with it, accept the bumps in the road as nothing but small speed bumps and keep on trucking!
  • laurenjmartin
    Thanks that's awesome advice :)
  • hgott81
    hgott81 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi Lauren

Well done on your loss.
    Im in the same boat just finished my first week although did no exercise due to illness I was just wondering what DVD's you are doing?
    Heather
  • laurenjmartin
    Hey Heather, im doing Nadia sawalha's DVD, its hard going as I am so unfit but im hoping it push's me into losing weight better than I have before. How much you looking to lose?
  • hgott81
    Around 3 stone or so I want to loose 1 stone by mid march as having a girls weekend in Tenerife. I have all the Davina DVD's and ordered her new one today fingers crossed it is as good as the rest I haven't tried Nadia's I must look it up too. I prefer the DVD's to be honest than the gym don't have gym confidence yet.
  • danynevice
    danynevice Posts: 6 Member
    GREAT JOB!!!!
    I've lost 100lbs so I know the struggles!! Keep up the good work and maybe we can keep in touch.

Danyne
  • laurenjmartin
    I actually want to get davina's dvd's so let me know what they are like. Im looking at getting her new fit in 15 one.!
    Im in the same both, I have atleast 3 stone to lose. I want to lose 2 stone by june, I really hope I can get there!
  • hgott81
    Lauren the Davina DVDs are great my fav are the three thirty minute workouts which was one of her first DVD's as you can do the Pump which is Cardio and the Strength and core training together in about 45 mins as you only need one cool down and one warm up. I also Liked Body Buff I think they are good for getting started as easy to grasp but as you get fitter it is easy to add more effort. I will let you know about the 15min one as I ordered it today. I also try to walk when not exercising.

So we have similar goals Always good to have someone in the same boat helps to motivate!!!
  • I started doing insanity. This will be my second week doing insanity and mfp. I haven't weighed myself yet bc I don't have a scale, so im not even sure I have lost anything. I don't really feel like it yet. hopefully I will see a change soon.
  • msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    Hi Lauren, well done, I too am vertically challenged at five foot ha!! Done a few of Davinas, fave being Superfit, find her newer ones not as good as the older ones xx
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Great job. I've been on mfp a long while but fit before 40 is my goal towering over you at 5'4''.
    I have 35 pounds (2.5 stones) to lose. Near term goal is 5 pounds by 2/17. Restarted mfp last week and down 2 pounds so far.
    Keep up good work!
  • laurenjmartin
    Goodluck with your weight loss nick!