FITBIT????

Options

Replies

• jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a fitbit to anyone. I was overestimating my tdee on days that I did not go to the gym. The fitbit gives a good estimate of calories burned. Plus it really motivates me to move more. I make sure to get in my 10,000 steps a day which adds up to little changes, (parking my car further away from a store/work, purposely taking the stairs ect). I have the force and it was $130, which is a small price to pay for the motivation it provides.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I just got a Flex for Christmas and I really like it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip..love it!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! I can't lie to myself when I am lazy LOL
  • Donnaprincess
    Options
    Why Are there so many different types? How do I know which one to buy?
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Options
    I have the fitbit 1 since xmas and love it! I loving seeing how may step I can get. Yesterday was 13,200 steps! Totally worth the $99 investment and keeps you moving!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I work for a small company (about 25 employees). The head of the company has issued a challenge that we, as a group, take 50 million steps between Feb 1 and Nov. 30. Everyone has joined the challenge and he is buying fitbits for each of us. I'm excited to kick everyone else's *kitten*!
    But seriously, I think it's very cool that he's doing this and that everyone is getting motivated.
    I'm hoping for the Force, but I'll be happy with the Flex.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, and I LOVE IT. It syncs with MFP so you can see the calories burned vs. calories consumed. As long as you burn more than you consume, you're going to lose weight.
  • piersonj
    piersonj Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you have any issues with your Force not counting all the steps? My husband got one and it's not picking up all his steps during his workouts on the treadmill. He is tempted to put it in his pocket next time. We tried reading some of the message boards at Fitbit.com but it's mostly people saying they have a problem but no one offering suggestions. I really don't want him to hate it and stop wearing it.

I read somewhere that if you are holding onto the bar on a treadmill then the fitbit on the arm can miss steps. It was suggested that at least for the arm with the fitbit to not hold onto the bar, let the arm move naturally like it would on a walk down the street. I have also read that someone puts it on their ankle while on the treadmill. I haven't been using a treadmill for a while so not sure if either will work well, but it can't hurt to give them a try before giving up on an arm model fitbit.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I work for a small company (about 25 employees). The head of the company has issued a challenge that we, as a group, take 50 million steps between Feb 1 and Nov. 30. Everyone has joined the challenge and he is buying fitbits for each of us. I'm excited to kick everyone else's *kitten*!
    But seriously, I think it's very cool that he's doing this and that everyone is getting motivated.
    I'm hoping for the Force, but I'll be happy with the Flex.

Wow, THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • mklassy123
    Options

I bought the flex for my sister (wristband) and I got the One (you have to clip on). I didn't want the wristband because I thought it would be too noticeable and the One isn't. My sister wanted the Flex because she could put it on and not have to think about it. The One (from what I hear) can be lost a lot easier than the Flex. The Zip is a more basic model, if you don't want to have all the bells and whistles then the Zip is for you, but I like all the bells and whistles, even though I don't use them ALL. Someone else will have to chime in about the Flex vs the Force. It's all personal preference, that's how you choose.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Here's a chart that shows the different features of the various models.

http://www.fitbit.com/comparison/trackers

The only feature I don't see listed is the watch function. The force has a watch display, I don't know what other models have this feature.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, yes its worth it.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tommiirugby
    tommiirugby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    its the best thing ever have had the one, Flex and Force the wristbands are great and the social side is great very worth while purchase
  • Megislosingit
    Options
    I got mine for Christmas and I have worn it everyday since. It is really interesting to see what I'm doing from day to day and helps keep me motivated as well. If I haven't gotten in many steps on a Sunday and football is on I will get up and walk around the house during commercials.

Really helpful for motivation
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Fitbit wristbands are pairable with the Mio Alpha HR monitor? I have searched online and can't get a clear answer.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex! I wear it everyday...it's addicting and it works!!

This totally! I was in the same boat that you are in and finally broke down and bought one about two weeks ago. I absolutely love it! So glad that I got it!

YES. got the flex for christmas. I had no idea how sedentary i was. I pretty much ignore MFP calories available to me each day and watch the fitbit calories available. Have lost 6 pounds since January 1. I keep moving ALL the time now.

I hate jewelry BUT the flex does not bother me at all. I have read too many stories of the clip ons being lost or washed so this works for me.

FOR SURE worth it!!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When I was reading one of the discussions on Fitbit a few days ago, someone suggestion putting the device in a sock to help with it counting more accurately. Maybe it would help in your situation?
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I had BodyMedia last year and now I have a FitBit One. I like it! I think the BodyMedia was more accurate with calories burned and steps, but the FitBit is still good. For example, when I move my FitBit to a different pocket, it counts that movement as steps.