Hi, I am Donna from Boston, MA

Options
Hi all, I just started this on Saturday. I need to lose 75 pounds. I was never overweight until I had my first daughter. Not long after that, I became pregnant again, so after the second baby, I had put on some weight. I started trying to lose the baby weight, but things got in the way. To be honest, my husband, after I had the 2 girls, was not very caring or nice towards me. I started eating more and more. I would eat when I was depressed or angry. Well now, with therapy and the new year, I am going to change. I am going to be happy again, and get healthy. 2013 was the worse year of my entire life, so I really want 2014 to be good. :smile:

Replies

• samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome Donna! You WILL be happy again! I have made so many friends through MFP and it is so supportive here :) Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some accountability & support :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry last year was so bad.
    We're the same age. I have a 4 and 6 year old. Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I started out with 74 pounds to lose, and I'm down to the last 15. And I hear you on the stress/depression/anger eating. I was always overweight, but I gained a lot when I was with my ex, who was neglectful and uncaring. Glad to see you're bettering yourself; good luck!
  • ibsunshine
    ibsunshine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna! I am new here to and I understand about the stress eating, We can do this together, feel free to add me as a friend and we can help each other. Good Luck, I too am hoping 2014 will be a great year for weight loss and getting to liking myself again! ((hugs))
  • delsina363
    Options
    I know I have only been a member for 3 days, but I already feel good coming here. And I have 3 nice friends already! Thank you for putting a smile on my face today! Well, back to work I go, have a nice day everyone. :happy:
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Welcome Donna!

I am 32, mom of 2 young ones and while I am a FL girl, I was born in Worcestor and have family in Mass still. I know it is cold up there now, but when it gets warm I will be so envious if you up in Boston - it is supposed to a great city for walking isn't it? I visited once when I was 17 to see my family and was so excited tor ride the T, see an off-broadway show, walk around Harvard Square...in December!

Anywho, welcome and good luck in your journey~
  • bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna, I am from around Boston as well!
    Welcome to MFP! Want to be friends?