Newbie from Scotland :)

Options
Hi I'm Karen I've just turned 31 :) I'm new to this and looking for people similar to myself in the hope that we can support each other when times get tough.....
I made the decision to loose weight and get fit when I found a lump in my breast while feeding my daughter :( after many biopsys and scans I was given the all clear and so thankful it wasn't the big C" I've now started thinking what if? What if it was cancerous how would my body cope? Am I strong and healthy enough to fight it? .....no prob not which is why i need to do this now, I still have my lump there reminding me everyday what could happen and it scares me, I just want to try my best and know if it ever does happen that I will be at my strongest,....now I'm here :) started this morning and doing good so far, went a walk with my daughter and dog for 2 hours ( great for me as I don't walk anywhere lol) and I'm now about to get ready for my first Zumba class, I'm away just now but hoping to have a buddy on here when I'm next on tonight :D

xXx Karen xXx

Replies

• laurenjmartin
    laurenjmartin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey, you have such good reason's to be on here and started a journey to a healthier you.
    Ive just completed my first week and have 3 stone to lose!

Cant wait to get there :)

Best of luck! Feel free to add me x
  • Livestrongalways
    Options
    Hi Lauren :) thank you for replying, how have you found your first week? Yes my bmi says I should loose 3 stone aswell :( but I remember being more comfortable around 10 so I have just over 2 stone, I can't wait to reach my goal either but think it may be just as hard keeping it off lol x
  • triggerhappy78
    Options
    Hi there, newbie too... figure this will motivate me when i can the stats on the screen. Congrats on the all clear btw... but hey sometimes we just need a good old kick up the bum to get us started. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me! xx
  • funkie76
    funkie76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Welcome. I too have 3 stone to lose. Really wanna lose by end of may...not sure if its possible. But thats the plan. Add me....we can help each other out!!!!! Im in Lancashire. X
  • Livestrongalways
    Options
    Thank you trigger happy :) it's true though, I've been moaning about my weight for a few years but this has definitely kick started me into doing something, funkie I have around that weight also plus would like a lot off before May as my hubby is taking me to a lodge for the weekend ( first time away from our kids) has hot tub so really need to get rid of my fat bits lol x
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    Im in Scotland too and back on this with a vengence! Feel free to add me, I have kids too so know how hard it can be to shift it....
  • ciarabubs
    ciarabubs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Scotland feel free to add me. The support that you get on here is fab, it is such a great site
  • OperationCombat
    Options
    Hello

I am from Scotland too and very new to this site. Looking forward to getting to know others on here, feel free to add if you wish

Mark
  • kerrymariehamilton
    Options
    Hi there! I have 4 stone to loose! 3 to be comfortable with. I too have strong motivations. Largely for my 5 month old daughter. I am breast feeding too which I think is an energy zapper and I have gotten into some really bad habits. Half way through my first week using Mfp. It keeps telling me I will be a stone lighter in 5 weeks if I carry on the way I am!! I can hope eh!! Just want to be able to teach little one good eating habits and lead with example. Good luck
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not from Scotland (and even though I have a bunch of MFP friends from across the pond, I still cannot for the life of me remember how many pounds or KG's a stone is lol #americanproblems). Feel free to add me! I'm always on and just trying to get healthy!! :)
  • jborski21
    jborski21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

I am from the U.S. but have traveled to Scotland! I am here for any support or motivation! I have 50 pounds to lose and am always looking for new friends who are motivated! I think you are off to a great start walking, and Zumba is so much fun, I bet you will enjoy it- not to mention it is an awesome workout!
  • TommyBowman86
    TommyBowman86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm another Scot just starting out on here.
    Have a 30odd lb goal to reach which i'm pretty confident i will achieve but hoping for bit of extra motivation from here.
    Good luck to all the other scottish newbs :)
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm not from Scotland, but I love kilts! And I'm Scottish by generations-ago immigration <g>

Anyway, welcome and congrats on being 'big C free' and on making these changes. :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    If you'd like a friend who is approaching the finish line having lost over three stone so far, send me a quick request.

I'm not an advocate of quick fix diets, though, but I'll try and help with finding a healthy and safe way to lose weight (and keep it off).