I just feel "blah."

Options
Hi there,
I normally am really motivated to stay on track: workout, eat right, etc. But the last 3 days or do I have not been feeling well with a cold and have no motivation to workout or eat right. I really feel like I should workout today, but my whole body is just feeling gross. I know if I don't workout I will likely just binge, but I can't seem to beat this sick feeling. Any suggestions?

Replies

• parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    If you have a fever then stay in bed. Otherwise, I'd say suck it up and hit the gym.
  • knt6742
    knt6742 Posts: 36
    Options
    I find that working out really helps boost my mood. But when you're not feeling 100% it's tough to get going. Why don't you do a light workout. Do some yoga or go for a walk.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    You can always do a modified workout with less intensity or shorter duration. Moving about might make you feel better, assuming you are hydtated and don't have a fever.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Do a stretching workout. Yoga, Pilates, or even just "stretching." Look on YouTube... There are plenty. Good for the psyche because you feel like you've done something, good for the body because it feels good. Call it a day after that and pat yourself on the back.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    If you have a fever then stay in bed. Otherwise, I'd say suck it up and hit the gym.

This^ Just keep it light. I usually feel better after a light workout when I am under the weather. It seems to get the bad stuff flowing out.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Go for a 30 minute walk. Its low impact and might get you in the mood to do something else!
  • FindingMyFit2014
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I had taken a rest day yesterday so I feel like I should push it today! Ugh, oh well ;)
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Same here, felling under the weather. I just went for a 30 minute walk, burned just under 200 calories... better than nothing I say... :smile:
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    What about heavy progressive lifting? I'm not feeling so hot myself (stomach queasy, not a lot of sleep last night), so I'm thinking it may not necessarily be safe to lift today but rather go tomorrow assuming I'm feeling better. Or am I just being a big baby?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    We go by the neck rule in this house.

Anything below the neck, ie cough, congestion, aches and pains, we rest. If it is above the neck, sneezing, watering eyes, sinus ect we work out. Unless there is a fever, then that is a whole new ball game.

I hope you feel better soon. There is an awful cold going around that is turning into a respiratory infection if not treated properly.
  • TBarron784
    TBarron784 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body and rest. Don't over eat, don't under nutrition yourself. Plenty of fluids. One thing that most of us who get over weight do is NOT listen to our bodies. Your body really wants the best for you. It our minds that do all the damage. Again rest, drink plenty of fluids and tell your mind to "shut up" because you know the right things to do. Your body will bounce back quick for exercising, just don't over eat.
  • joesimtre
    joesimtre Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I learned a long time ago to listen to my body. Taking a few days off won't hurt you. Think big picture. If you feel obligated to do something, stay within reason.
  • clover0820
    Options
    Take a bare picture of yourself and look at it to remind you how gross you look. (no offense)
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Take a bare picture of yourself and look at it to remind you how gross you look. (no offense)

I LOL'd at this one.

So OP. Why do you feel gross? Usually when I feel gross its cause I havent showered in awhile. You know, in between *kitten* sessions and whatnot.

(full athletic participation)