GNC Lean Shake 25

Options
*What's your opinion about GNC Lean Shake 25?
*What your favor flavor?
* Is it truly helpful in weight loss & gaining muscles?

( I just started with the shake today, and I think I'm satisfied with being full and the taste is wonderful, but is it better than like the leading brands like vi-shake or shakeology, and it's really more affordable for me)

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    1.Weight loss shakes don't teach you good food habits.
    2. Save money and just get protein powder and make your own shakes with real food (fruit, veg, etc)
    3. If you like it, go for it.
  • Thom_Kat
    Thom_Kat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I liked it better than most others I've tried. It mixed well with ice and wasn't too sweet. I just used the vanilla and added a bit of jello, fruit, yoplait smoothie mix, PB2, spinach, etc. It will help you meet your protein needs and aid in building/retaining muscle. It was one of the few that didnt upset my stomach.

Really, my all time favorite is Dymatize Elite XT. The rich chocolate is the best protein I've ever tried and it mixes so smoothly. It isn't a meal replacement but it would be easy enough to add stuff in. Since it is only about 130 calories and 21 grams of protein, you have room to play around with extra stuff for nutrients. You could mix it with some milk, take a multi, and get the same benefits without spending as much as you do on Lean Shake 25.
  • BeautifulLadi89
    Options
    Where do you get Dymatize Elite XT ? I just haven't found the right peanut butter as I am a bit picky on the sugar & calories it contains. I love peanut butter so much though.
  • Sheri_Lynn
    Options
    I just purchased two containers of the Lean Shake 25, one in banana and the other in French vanilla. The amount of sugar per two scoops is super low and the amount of protein is amazing. I just had the banana one today as a meal replacement and it was actually really good. I thought I was going to have to add a banana to it but luckily I tried it first after I mixed it with 8oz of water and it didn't need it. It was a bit thick so I'll try it with 10oz of water next time. I will say for only 3 grams of sugar it was pretty sweet, I wouldn't advise using anything to mix it that already contains sugar, the water is sufficient enough. I bought mine at GNC, they were having a buy one get one 50% off plus the shaker bottle free if you purchased two containers, so for the gold member ship (1yr), two containers and the shaker bottle I spent about $68 dollars, not bad if you ask me, lol. I'm using the shakes as a meal replacement when eating five times a day isn't possible or I'm not hungry but know I have to have something. I work out three days a week with a trainer and am starting to go two more days a week on my own. Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the mornings to eat an hour before my workout so this will be great.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Where do you get Dymatize Elite XT ? I just haven't found the right peanut butter as I am a bit picky on the sugar & calories it contains. I love peanut butter so much though.

Check on line at places like Amazon, Vitacost, etc. GNC is over priced IMO. Have you checked out PB2? Works great in protein shakes/smoothies. I usually do chocolate protein powder, PB2, banana and spinach combo shake a couple times a week.