Ideas for a low calorie yet filling lunch

Options
2»

Replies

• QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have found wheat thins and hummus to be very filling. Also, grapes mixed w/ low cal vanilla yogurt and then a high protein bar (sometimes I save the bar for after workout b/c I am always starving after exercising).

I can't stand soup. :P
  • rudyhessur
    Options
    I do baked oatmeal and yogurt, maybe some fruit too if I'm feeling "brave". I'm recovering from anorexia, so I'm in the process of trying to introduce new food,but do something about my nutrition. I got the baked oatmeal recipe from an online blog... It's been really safe for me. I realize I probably shouldn't eat it as "meal", but hey... Baby steps. My favorite is cinnamon and Pumpkin spice... I might get brave and add some chocolate chips someday =P

Anyway, it's pretty easy...this is for the cinnamon one
    1/2 c rolled oats
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    2 tbsp of a sweetener, or sugar. You might use more, but 2 is fine for me
    1/4 cup of apple sauce
    1/4 of milk of choice, apple juice or water
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    Pinch salt

If you want to add a richer flavor, put a bit of margarine or butter in there. I'll also add a tbsp of some sort of nut butter in order to get that extra bit of protein and fat...

So, mix it all up and stick it in a small baking dish (like a mini cake!) bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I like to broil mine for an extra 5 minutes. My brother adds raisins as well... I guess you can add anything.

It tops about 190-200 for the basic recipe
  • fitbobvt
    Options
    Three egg whites, one regular egg, diced peppers, mushrooms and onion, one tbs to sauté - salt and pepper amazing and just over 135 calories!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad, full of protein, keeps me full for hours!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    soup = low calorie + filling

Hey that was my idea!! Soup with fiber in it like beans....mmm mmm good!
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ok im just gona be completely honest and its the whole reason i struggle. soup sucks its liquid and unless im splodging a full sandwich in it im not happy! :blushing: as for salads and tuna.. i dont eat tuna.. and if i make a salad it may aswell be a mixed grill by the time ive put my "extras" on it! :( i suck at dieting! food is too nice!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I agree on the Tuna. I've started having mine with lime juice seasoning and just a touch of Italian or vinaigrette is wonderful and filling. Sure saves the Miracle Whip(can't stand mayo) calories.

Try tune with 1/2 avocado...it's creamy and oh so yummy!!
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up and I stay around 300 calories or less. Today I had a very filling smoothie with almond milk, protein powder, 1/2 banana and a big handful of spinach/kale mixture. I also like turkey sandwiches on sandwich thins. I'm a fan of Miracle Whip so I measure out a couple of tsp. I also like baked chips (1 bag). Usually in the afternoon around 3pm, I'll eat a light yogurt with a tsp. of nuts mixed in.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    A typical lunch for me is a packet of instant oatmeal with a little splenda for sweetness and a 1/2 apple sliced into it. My side dishes are sliced cucumber, baby carrots a plain greek yogurt and the other half of my apple. Sometimes I treat myself with a 60 cal. chocolate pudding cup. I hate salad so I never opt for that. Alternatively I swap out oatmeal with soup and a slice of light rye bread that I toast w/ a tiny pat of butter.
  • bettycrockernot
    Options
    Today I had a .5 oz can of canned chicken breast with a tsp of light miracle whip and some chopped up celery for a crunch on whole wheat. Was really good and low calorie.

When I have tuna, I like to mix it with a little bit of mustard and wrap it in a bed of lettuce. Really low cal!
  • amorthee
    amorthee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My go-to when I ate too many calories already:

3 slices of Roasted turkey cold cuts (organic, low sodium)
    Tabouli (trader joes)
    Low carb tortilla (trader joe)

All you have to do is roll it up. It's awesome, filling and super easy. Sometimes I add avocado, and that's awesome!