Any Betta Fish Owners Out There?

Options
Atarahh
Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
I am considering getting a betta. :bigsmile:
How much care do they require? How long do they live?

Replies

• wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Super easy, clean the tank once a week and add a few drops of the stuff to get the chlorine out. I have had 3. Freddy Mecury lived for 3 years, Jack Daniels only lived 6 months (cat ate him), and Jack the Pumpkin King lived for 2 years. Pretty much 1-3 years is normal.
  • Atarahh
    Options
    Super easy, clean the tank once a week and add a few drops of the stuff to get the chlorine out. I have had 3. Freddy Mecury lived for 3 years, Jack Daniels only lived 6 months (cat ate him), and Jack the Pumpkin King lived for 2 years. Pretty much 1-3 years is normal.

OH NO the cat ate him sooooo sad. I would have to discipline the cat something terrible!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    super easy. Ours will be 2 in march
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had 2. One lived about a year and a half, I think I might have killed him accidentally by putting him back in his tank too soon after I cleaned it (You have to make sure the water is the right temp and it doesn't have too many bubbles and stuff - I think you're supposed to use bottled water but I never did). My other one lived 2 and half years but committed suicide when I put him in one of those split tanks. He kept trying to get at the other betta on the other side and was ramming into the clear barrier and died :( They are pretty and easy to care for though!
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Never owned one...

fig,white,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg
  • Atarahh
    Options
    My fear is getting attached to the fish and when it dies it will just break my heart
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    My fear is getting attached to the fish and when it dies it will just break my heart
    Then you will be better off buying goldfish, they will live much longer.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    super easy, just clean the tank once a week feed it and sing to it

the one I have has been around over a year now
  • SgtZabka
    SgtZabka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pretty easy to take care of, and they CAN get along with some other fish...I unfortunately lost my little guy recently, he was 5 :( Also, they can be very interactive with you, mine would love some face to face time where I would just look at him with my face close to the tank, also attacking my finger was a fun game we would play...He would always blow bubbles after we played it :D