Bacon wrapped chicken with a twist (with pic)

Options

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Drool worthy. Thank you!:drinker:
  • cmg07664
    Options
    I do not like chicken but this sounds yummy......my husband, however, does not like cream cheese. I may give it a try and not tell him whats in it.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yum - never thought about adding stuff to the cream cheese :)
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I can see this being good with spinach or brocolli and mushrooms in place of the cranberries too...
  • Murf2014
    Murf2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've made this same thing but with the chicken stuffed instead with tahini and sun dried tomatoes! Now THAT is tasty!

I also have a variation on this that I make from time to time too. I use Parma Ham on the outside and sage and onion stuffing inside the chicken as I do not like any forms of cheese.

I also serve it with a side salad and find it extremely filling. :smile:
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sounds lush! I might have to try this!
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I made this last weekend with a few tweaks and it was excellent! Thanks for the recipe!

My changes: I used dairy-free cream cheese, added spinach and roasted garlic. YUM!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I made this last weekend with a few tweaks and it was excellent! Thanks for the recipe!

My changes: I used dairy-free cream cheese, added spinach and roasted garlic. YUM!

Awesome!

So glad you enjoyed it!
  • Mrsstacie123
    Mrsstacie123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I made your recipe this weekend but I totally forgot about the bacon. I sprinkled on some panko bread crumbs before it went into the over. It was so good. I love how the cream cheese and cranberries balanced each other. Thanks for the recipe!
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump ,this looks yum
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful. I will try it this weekend! Thanks for posting.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    bump
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You had me at "Bacon wrapped".
  • BrookieTrout626
    BrookieTrout626 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump... YUM!
  • cgreen1596
    Options
    We actually made this yesterday! Might just be the best thing ever.:)
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I made this last night and it was really good. The cranberries and bacon were a nice mix.

After baking it for 40 minutes at 350, and then 10 minutes at 450, I then turned on the broiler and cooked it for a few minutes. That seemed to crisp up the bacon a little. I'll be making this again, and will switch up the stuffing with some spinach and garlic next time.
  • MrsCurvyFab
    MrsCurvyFab Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    made this last night but with turkey bacon (i had some left over no use wasting it!) but stuffed with spinach and my husband loved it! 1/2 cup mashed potatoes on the side and the rest of the spinach. great meal! and it was quick to prepare just took forever cooking (we were hungry!)