New-ish to MFP, need motivation & encouragement!

Options
Hi,

I joined MFP probably about 3 years ago & cut calories, did a fair bit of exercise & only lost a few pounds so gave up.

Then combined with job stress, a relationship break up, & having to find somewhere to live, I dropped a load of weight over a couple of months but unfortunately it all came back on with a vengeance & more so.

Finally got a new job & then at my leaving drinks, got insulted & called a fat (c word) with a fat a*se by a complete stranger & I burst into tears. I'm 5'4" & 10st 11lbs so when I am in sensible frame of mind I know that's not massive, but unfortunately it tipped me over the edge & made me feel like a huge freak.

I'm now currently with a lovely man who is so very very supportive. I've joined WW Online & sticking to my points, bought a juicer & having juice for dinner almost every day .I'm also going to the gym 5 x a week with my other half & doing cardio work.

My aim is to lose 2 to 3 stone by the beginning of June for a family wedding in Cyprus, as at the moment there is no way on earth I am wearing a bikini in public. I am determined to be tiny again, reduce the lumpy thighs & what I see as a huge belly.

Need motivation & encouragement as I feel so down as I can't eat the food I like & I still think I look huge. Only been doing WW & gym for 2 weeks & really want to be small like all the pretty girls in the gym, but don't feel like I will every get there.

Sorry for sounding like a misery guts, but I need some serious help!

Replies

• laurenjmartin
    laurenjmartin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey im in a similar situation. Im a lot shorter though. Im 4ft 11 and I have 3 stone to lose, but would lose to lose atleast 2 stone by june for our family holiday with friends, A big part of it is we are going with another couple who are much slimmer and will look fab in there swim suits and me at the moment will look awful!!! :(
    so im here for support if need be :)

Surround yourself with positive people and it will really help. Add me if you like,
    Be fab if we could both lose the weight by june!
  • Amethysta79
    Amethysta79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lauren!

Yeah, a lot of the wedding party are REALLY tiny blonde girls & I don't want to look like a whale next to them.
    I want to be able to walk about with confidence & buy clothes that look nice.

I am so determined to do it this time - we will be skinny minnies! :)
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the bad turns that you had come into your path! Just know that the negative things are finding their way into your rear view mirror and prosperity, health and happiness is right out in front of you! Please feel free to send me a friend invite. I try to get out inspiration as often as I can and I'm always around if ya just need to chat! Good luck on your journey! You definitely made the right decision and I am excited to see your journey to fit and fabulous!
  • Amethysta79
    Amethysta79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am thinking positive although I do have slip ups. Never turn to food though, just get a bit depressed.

Thank you for your support, I want to look fabulous primarily & the fit will just be an added bonus!