Getting hungry and nauseous 1/2 way through workout

Options
Today I had to stop 1/2 way through my workout to eat some almonds.. I got incredibly hungry and nauseous.. Same routine I have done for 9 months.. Same breakfast an hour before.. 2 Organic eggs.. a piece of whole grain toast.. and a protein shake with fruit.. Same as always.. So my question is Why? has never happened before.. EVER... 9 months.. and I have never had to stop and eat.. :/

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    A couple of things that come to my mind for what it could possibly be:

- not enough water during the day, or even not enough yesterday
    - it's possible that you are getting sick, and your body reacting this way is the first sign
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    That happens to me when I am either dehydrated or hormonal, if I am on my period I tent to get light headed during my workout, and I do have to stop and go get something to eat, nothing to worry about ...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    How long has this been happening? How often?

Do you drink water before your workout? After?

Have you increased or changed your workout in any way?

Have you made any dietary changes?

Any chance of pregnancy?

Any chance you have a bug?
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    as we lose weight if you don't have enough in easy "storage" of energy- then you can run out of steam. I push through knowing that only if I don't have enough in easy storage will my body reach the fat and burn it instead of burning recently consumed calories. I also found for me that not eating before a workout is preferable - I get nauseous if I eat. I was not always like that but I became that way about 1 year ago.
  • Kvose70
    Kvose70 Posts: 19
    Options
    No not pregnant.. I guess maybe dehydration would be the culprit.. I didnt drink hardly any water yesterday..was out all day with the family.. Coming off my monthly..maybe my hormones are trying to get back to normal range.. I dunno.. But I was like wtf ...this is crazy... never done this before.. Was not light headed or tired..just hungry.. Almonds helps settle and I completed the workout.. Only has happened this one time.. crazy... I think eating during a workout.. kinds takes away from the whole workout to loose weight thing..lol