My own little bucket list

Options
theblondetrick
theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
I have been pretty depressed and haven't been motivated to do much when it comes to weight loss or anything but college, really. That's mostly because it's winter and I hate winter and so I can't wait for spring to come to be happy again. Now, I created a 10 week "bucket list" because there are 10 weeks left until the first day of spring and I want those weeks to pass by as quickly as possible and I also want to accomplish some things so that I'm completely satisfied with myself when the winter is over. The list includes 10 things that I will (hopefully) be doing for the entire next 10 weeks:

1. Create my own Wreck it diary ( they are not sold in my country)
2. Log in everything I eat every day into my mfp diary
3. Do the JM's 30 day shred at least 3 times a week
4. Walk for at least 1 hour 3 times a week
5. Design a leaflet because I want to, not because it's a college assignment
6. Visit my grandma at least once a week
7. Send a message to that guy ( and maybe see him again,only if I feel like it, though)
8. Study Hungarian at least 20 minutes every day
9. Go to sleep before 1 AM ( OK, maybe 2 AM at first)
10. Put money in a jar every day ( be it 1 dinar, as long as it's some money, it's good)

While I was writing this list I realized it's not really a bucket list, it's more like a simple to do list because there's nothing crazy in there, but knowing myself, I had to start with something that doesn't require huge balls, because otherwise I wouldn't do anything.
Have any of you ever had a bucket list? If not, what are you waiting for?

Replies

• reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You called it a bucket list but it's really a to do list yet you want to know about our bucket lists? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to tell you here! Do you have an actual bucket list? Is it really 10 weeks til Spring? I need to start a *How can I lose 30 pounds in 10 weeks* thread.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    After i did make a "bucket" list, i realized i would not be able to do most of the things on it this year.

So i made another list, which i call my "happy bucket"

That list has things i enjoy which i can look at when I've had a bad day, or need to remind myself to do things for me.

Some examples:
    Looking at my scrapbooks
    Cooking for someone i love
    Watching a football game
    Lighting a candle
    Playing my favorite music
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Jesus, I already said that I made a mistake calling it a bucket list, because a bucket list would have a lot more daring challenges. I don't have a real bucket list yet because I wouldn't have the balls or money or whatever to do the things that would be in it.

And when I asked if any of you have your own bucket list, I meant a real bucket list or a list like mine ( that contains things you want to do over a certain period of time).
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    What is a wreck it diary???
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    What's a dinar? :-P
  • abeach1
    abeach1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had a bucket list for years...actually before I knew it had an official name. I have it in a small little notebook that I carry in purse and have it with me always. It is a list of all sorts or things...daring, crazy, silly, standard goals, out of the box stuff, etc. Any time something inspires me, I add it to the list. Whenever I complete something, I cross it off and add it to the accomplishment section in the back of the book so I can look back and see all of the things I have done, places I've gone, etc. My list is far to large to list but here are a few examples...

1. Skydiving
    2. White water rafting
    3. Visit all 50 states
    4. Spend the night in an Ice Hotel
    5. Spend the night in a Treeehouse Hotel
    6. New York City on New Years Eve
    7. Mardi Gras in New Orleans
    8. Ride on a Harley
    9. Drive a Race Car
    10. Work a day on a Dude Ranch
    11. Ride a dog sled
    12. Run a marathon
    13. Get a hot stone massage
    14. Take an Aerial Fitness Class
    15. Drive a snowmobile
    16. Write a 50,000 novel in 30 days
    17. Write a song
    18. Ride in Maid of the Mist / Niagra Falls
    19. Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
    20. Volunteer in a Soup Kitchen

Like I said, just a few examples...silly stuff...things that keep me going...to work toward.

Dream...think outside the box.