help! Fit Bit flex Question

Options
Having trouble syncing my flex today. mfp isn't recognize my exercise. But fit bit is recognized my food entries

any suggestion?

Replies

• kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've had similar issues with my Fitbit One over the last week. Once I had to unsync (remove from apps) and resynch (reactivate the app). Most other times it was just taking a LONG time (like an hour or three).
  • RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex, too, and it doesn't always sync with MFP as quick as I'd like. I've found that if I just don't worry about it, it'll sync at some point in the day & everything will work out. Just have to have patience!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what you mean by it doesn't synch your exercise to MFP. I thought all it sent over this direction was a 'Fitbit adjustment', that shows how much more your Fitbit-measured burn was from your MFP-estimated burn? If that's they way it works, it probably doesn't send any 'burn' data to MFP until you actually pass your MFP estimate.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a flex, it picked up the exercise I posted on the MFP. The exercise started at noon and I posted it about 2:30. Maybe it's just a timing issue.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    MFP is aware that there is a syncing problem and they are fixing it. The problem started after the holidays when so many people got Fitbits as gifts and the new year resolutioners got them for themselves. MFP went into a Fitbit sync overload an could not handle the volume. They are getting back up to speed slowly but surely.
  • mrodrigue2013
    mrodrigue2013 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. This is a first for me. Usually syncs pretty close to when exercise happens, but maybe just a lag today.. I exercised about 8 hours ago
  • jcanen57
    jcanen57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It has happened a lot for me lately too, at least I am not the only one. Sometimes it snycs and sometimes it don't. I know I am getting steps, and want to see that number confirm what I want to put in my mouth. I read somewhere if you add exercise, and then once you do it snycs, then delete the exercise. Its a pain, it worked so well my first few months.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    I'm curious what you mean by it doesn't synch your exercise to MFP. I thought all it sent over this direction was a 'Fitbit adjustment', that shows how much more your Fitbit-measured burn was from your MFP-estimated burn? If that's they way it works, it probably doesn't send any 'burn' data to MFP until you actually pass your MFP estimate.
    Will someone please explain to me where in MFP you see that Fitbit sends your exercise data to MFP, besides the 'Fitbit adjustment'?
  • NKGunner
    Options
    Try this...I had a problem with mine using the MAC.

To restart your One tracker, please do the following:

1. Plug your tracker into the charging cable, which needs to be connected to your computer. Please make sure that the gold dots on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger. When you hear a click, you will know your One is in the charging cable properly.

2. Hold down the button on your tracker for 12 seconds.

3. Remove your tracker from the charging cable.

4. Press the button on your tracker until the screen illuminates again. Your One should function properly now.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    The next time you think your Fitbit 'activity' isn't synching to MFP, do this. Go to your MFP goals page and note your 'Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity'. Compare that to your Calories total so far from the Fitbit dashboard. If the MFP number is larger, the Fitbit adjustment here is 0. There is no adjustment to port over until your Fitbit calories exceeds that value MFP expects of you on your Goals page. It would be very odd to have anything there besides 0 in the first 2/3 of the day or so, I would imagine.

If your MFP logged food entries are going over to Fitbit, I think you're synching fine.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    WalkingAlong -- if you hover over the info button next to the fitbit adjustment it shows you when it last synced. For example, I ran several miles in my fitbit a few hours ago. When I log onto the fitbit website, it shows my projected burn for the day as over 2000. The info in my excercise log still shows it as the 5:14pm sync, and has a substantially lower projected burn for the day.

It won't show a different excercise name, but the number should change as you move during the day.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    THANK you!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been having a bit of an issue with this too. It doesn't update frequently enough. I just disconnected and reconnected and it was updated to be accurate. :)
  • jcanen57
    jcanen57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually record my food on MFP, and then sync my fitbit account, I usually get between 8,000 and 10, 000 steps a day, and usually get about 400 extra calories for food. My account used to always sync, before 7 PM, and now it wants to sync much later, even when I manually sync the fitbit flex. It doesn't show up on MFP, until later in the day. After 8PM, I do not want it to say I was over my calories for the day, when I wasn't. I only get 1200 calories per day, so if I eat 1300, and get the extra 400 calories from exercise, I am actually under. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much about the numbers, but I do.

34280619.png