New and in need of support

themostbeautifullies
themostbeautifullies Posts: 96 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

I'm 24 years old and I've been strugling with my weight for all my life, but it has never been something that would put my life at risk, until I finished college I gained a lot more weight than it was normal for myself.
So, here I am.
On the most rigorous diet I've been through.

I saw a link to this site and I thought: "why not?" and was amazed at the tools to track my weight and the community support, and I'm really in need of support. My family tend to crash down on me if I fail and that's not what I need right now.

Replies

• I completely understand where you're coming from. We are all here to support you! :) You CAN do it. :)
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome. I am starting my 5th month on MFP and I love it. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    MFP is my main source of support. You can do it!

....looking at your ticker, are you really planning to get down to 88.2 pounds? Is that right?
  • Welcome! You'll find all the support you want here; I've been here ten days and everyone here is so nice.

Good luck on your journey!
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Good luck on your weight loss! Just make sure you are getting the proper amount of calories and set realistic achievable short term and long term goals. You can do it!
  • Welcome! You can do it! THis is a great place!!! I just started it last week and already love it!
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! :flowerforyou:

Im quite a newbie aswell but this site has done wonders for me already and now i cant be without it.

The support on here is beyond excellent. Im not one to talk openly about my weight loss to family or friends so im happy when i come on here and not judged for my goals.

Hope you have a great time on here (im sure you will!). It will take time and effort to achieve what you want but i guantee you that this is one of the best ways to do it. Ive done most of the fad diets and i did lose alot of weight on them... but as soon as i stopped, the weight piled back on again. Since April time ive lost 18lbs and it was only about 2 months ago i got serious with it. MFP really keeps you in the right direction and gives you encouragment to eat correctly and exersize more. I feel a much better and healthier person for doing it, and im sure you will too. :smile:

All the best xx

PS: Not sure if your ticker is correct but going down to 88lbs is very very low. =/
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Congratulations on making such a great choice & the first step to a healthier you for life. Plenty of help here & feel free to add me for support. You can do this, in your own time & feel very happy & proud of yourself, not to mention healthy.
  • Thanks for the support! :)

About my goal weight, yep, it was a bit wrong I always mess up when changing from kg to lbs but i just saw that the site do it auto. It still may be seen a bit low but I'm really, really short.
This discussion has been closed.