Getting Started on Chris Powells' Carb Cycle Program

Options
Hi All,

If there is anyone out there who is following Chris Powell's Carb Cycle Plan? I could use some help/guidance on the food area. It seems quite confusing to me (although I know it was written in an attempt to be simple). Mostly in the area of calories and nutritional content. Would love to hear from anyone who has mastered this eating plan. I know the basic way to lose weight is calorie deficit, but that alone DOES NOT work for my :wink: body. I would still like to track nutritional content and calories on Chris's plan. THANKS!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What is it about a calorie deficit that does not work for your body?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I'm interested in this answer as well.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

That is so rude :laugh: says she jokingly
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

In.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

In.

Also would like to know this
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Because complicated plans you don't understand MUST be better than simple ones.
  • Vikkiiza
    Options
    Hi, I am just beginning Chris Powell's carb cycling plan and am also confused. I spent some of the day trying to prepare for the week and I ( and my kitchen) was a mess. Im hoping once I get into it it will come easier and make more sense to me. It seems simple u til you try to put it all together and actually put your food together. Let me know how you are doing with it. Maybe we can help each other understand. :smile:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options

LOL, the TRUTH!!!
  • kcanby7
    kcanby7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was doing this and fell off while pregnant. I intend to get back to it because even without exercise i was losing weight. I tracked all my food by measuring everything out, and/or weighing everything. I used a different website to do all of my tracking. I actually asked Chris Powell via his facebook page how many carbs I'm allowed on a low carb vs high carb day... he basically said to change my way of thinking and to follow the plans portion sizes.( ie. Veggies=2 fist fulls, fats=thumb size)This way you make it easier on yourself without getting so caught up in tracking everything. On low carb days females are allowed 1200 calories And 1500 on high carb days. There are 4 cycles...which one are you trying to do? (Easy, classic etc). Did you buy his most recent book...it really is helpful. There is a lot more going on like his daily exercises and things like that. Letvme know if I can answer anythung specific for you...or try :-)
  • Shannon_hemminger
    Options
    Hi there,
    I too am a numbers girl! first of I'm 5'7 and believe 1200 calories is too low for me. So what I chose to do is on low carb days eat 1575 calories with 20% carbs, 40% protein and fats, on high carb days have 1875 calories with 40% protein and carb, and 20% fat and on my cheat day, I eat 2400 calories of whatever I wish. In total over the course of 7 days, my body is averaging 1870 calories per day which is about 900 calories from my TDEE (Chris mentions in the book the sweet spot for weight loss is a 500-1000 calorie deficit). :smile: