5ft2 chubby and Vegetarian

Options
2»

Replies

• LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! Will have to try this !
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey your more than welcome to add me. I am 5ft and definitely not a vegetarian but I'm looking to lose 15 pounds of fat.
    x.x.
  • tanisha88
    tanisha88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in a similar position to you, i am ~5ft 2" 145lbs and looking to lose my food belly. I have been a veggie in the past but i do eat meat now, add me and maybe we can support eachother.

x
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've had a look at some of these and there great! Thanks there are so many to choose from :D

Thanks! Too bad they can't be hyperlinked for you to click, it's a MFP thing.
    Jumping Dog - Thank you for this post - helpful & inspiring.......

No problem, that's what I post for. I'm not vegetarian but I try to avoid grains and sugar, which are probably some of the adversaries of vegetarians.
  • Lucydumpy
    Options
    hi I am new and have been trying to diet - I am veggie and have been for the last 16 ish years so now what I like to eat !! I can aways help with quick means if you need some ideas still - I love spicy food such as Mexican and Indian
  • dmkr96
    dmkr96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You and I couldn't be more in the same boat. However, I'm 155; not 145. But I am also 5"2, I have also been a vegetarian since I was 15, and I am also starting college this fall. I agree with you about maintaining my curves, but I definitely need support to help me avoid the freshman 15. :laugh:
    I cook quite often, and I have a good number of recipes up my sleeve, so anyone please feel free to add me!
  • hanab1987
    hanab1987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is your friend. So easy! I cook mine in organic low sodium vegetable broth, and throw in some broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, onions, carrots, Brussels sprouts, whatever Vegis I have on the fridge. Fool proof, filling, low calorie!

Love it! As soon as I get paid Il be getting some quinoa Thanks :)

It's also great for breakfast but cook a plain batch instead of using broth. 1/2c Quinoa, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and a banana. I cook a bunch on Sunday and portion it out for the week, that way I just have to add the syrup, cinnamon, and banana in the morning.

That sounds amazing def going to try it!
  • Rowan63
    Options
    There are some great healthy recipes on mynewroots.org - both vegetarian and vegan, and with very easy to follow instructions!