Just Say No

Options
I never thought being a regular at the gym would be a bad thing, but it seems like becoming a familiar face definitely has its down side - I'm the latest target for people to push Shakeology on. I'm sure it's a fantastic product that's worked for many, but I'm not interested. I've expressed my feelings several times, but there is always a rebuttal of some sort or a new person who comes along trying to sell. Is there a polite way I can just say no and have these people know I mean it? I'm starting to dread going to the gym because I worry that another Shakeology pusher will be there waiting for me.

Replies

• Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yep. Don't be polite. A good firm I'm not interested and change the subject always works for me. I rarely say why or ask any questions that may continue the conversation down the sales path. No offense to shakeology folks, I use that tatic for everything. Would you like a Target credit account today? No, How much was that last item? Would you like to upsize your drink? No, Just the chicken sandwich and small water. Join our rewards program? No. Do you have a current sales flier. etc etc etc.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    That would totally piss me off... That's never happened to me. Surely your gym has a "no solicitation" rule?
  • toberlili
    Options
    I agree, no need to be polite! and if there is a rebuttle, then instead of repeating the word no, look at them and say excuse you, i didnt think that my gym membership required me to get harassed. they may feel aquard, but thats ok, you didnt go to the gym to entertain others. its all about you time when you go, let them know!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    have a shirt made for wearing to the gym that says "no, i'm not interested in shakeology"
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Ooo that would NOT make me a happy camper! That is your sanctuary for YOU! Don't let anyone disturb it. I might even say that to them. I prefer to not talk about my diet or any other aspect of my life in a place that I'm concentrating on my exercise and me! So thanks but no thanks! I've got everything UNDER CONTROL! :o)
  • toberlili
    Options
    have a shirt made for wearing to the gym that says "no, i'm not interested in shakeology"

LMFAO, i think thats the best idea yet!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,425 Member
    Options
    Not to be a tattle tale but you should tell the gym management. They probably have a policy against this and would like to know this is going on-you can't be the only person getting harrassed. And I totally agree with Suedre-firm no just like with telephone solicitors.