Cushings Syndrome

Options
Due to some crazy things happening, like working my *kitten* off to lose 11 lbs in a month only to gain them back in a little over a week doing NOTHING different, I went to the doctor. I was also have flank pain and have been in renal failure before, so that's what we all thought it was. I did test positive for a UTI and received meds for that, that's clear.

I'm not in renal failure (yay!) but when they ran labs, my thyroid numbers were a little whacky so my NP referred me to an endocrinologist.

He's put me on some thyroid meds and we're going to see what happens there.

But he also had me go in today for a cortisol level because he really thinks I may have Cushings. I've done some reading and I do display pretty much all of the symptoms. The big ones being I'm on two different meds for hi bp and on meds for depression; which coincidentally runs in my family. But all the women who've had depression ie my maternal grandmother, my mother, and my sister are or were all good candidates for Cushings if you look back and apply some of the Cushings knowledge to them. We're all "apple" shaped, have the slim legs and arms, all had/have depression, hi bp, moon face, hair growth, and acne. It's kind of mind boggling.

My question to the members here who have Cushings, is it possible to lose weight? When you're diagnosed and receive treatment for it, does your life return to some semblance of normality? Whatever that may be for you. Or am I going to struggle for the rest of my life? This may be the overwhelmed part of me asking all this, but while I know that I could have it a ton worse, I am a little scared, and just thought I'd throw this out here to see if there are others who've been through this?

Replies

• 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Bump??
  • anniecnuci
    anniecnuci Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an adrenal benign tumor, i still have no results on cushing, but Im almost sure I have it. and I gain weight like a cow on steroids... i have dieted and I'm so close to giving up... my last try to do it... wish you the best on your cushing's journey
    :happy:
  • ticker1999
    ticker1999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are there any Cushies here besides me?