FitBit

Options
2»

Replies

• Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    BEST purchase of my life. You'll probably get some smart remarks on here for asking that question, there are tons of these in the forums.

Basic bottom line, if you intend to get it and use it for what it is for, meaning you are going to set goals and try to meet them each day, get competitive on the leadership boards and keep moving, eat healthy - then yes, if you plan to get it and keep it on the counter and have no intentions of using it then no. I have have had mine almost 2 yrs, never take it off except the shower and I lost 30 pds in 3 mths. I walk 20,000+ steps a day and my goal each day is 10 miles, so you see I take it seriously. But there are so many people on the FITBIT leadership boards who make me look like I am sitting down all day - they are well over 50K a day. You can try and keep up, but it only drives you crazy and you have no life. I was there once, no more! Having a desk job is not an excuse, I have one, but I make time in the morning and lunch to keep it moving...

Good luck with your goals and happy walking! :smile:
  • unworthyservant12
    unworthyservant12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit flex (no scale or heartrate monitor) and I love it! I bought it from Best Buy for $99 and they allow you two weeks to use it and return it if you don't like it. It doesn't track going up and down stairs like the FitBit one, but the convenience of having it on my wrist 24/7 is so worth it.

I take mine off for showers even though it's waterproof, but mine gets wet washing dishes, etc and works fine. I've also forgotten to take it off for the shower a few times and it was fine. It never falls off and comes with a small and large band.

It buzzes when you reach your goal (whether it be steps, miles, calories-you decide) which is nice and you can tap on it quickly at night and in the morning to set sleep mode on/off. Then you can see how restless you are at night.

I sync my fitbit account with my MFP account (of course =D) and the two work beautifully together!! The MFP account tells my FitBit account if I ate more than I burned and the Fitbit adjusts my MFP calorie goal to what it really should be based on my activity, which is nowhere near where I thought it would be. I've had mine for 4 months now and I don't regret buying it at all.

Every week, FitBit sends me a weekly email letting me know how I did for the overall week, so I can see how many calories I burned that week and how many calories I ate. If I burned at least 3,500 calories more than what I ate, I should have lost about 1 pound that week. The charts are really nice to look at too, informative and eye-opening!
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    They seem great for people who love gadgetry. I borrowed one from a friend to see if I wanted to get it. Eh. My $25 pocket pedometer did just as well for me. Better, actually, as the fitbit doesn't seem to know how to count certain things. I've had the pedometer for three years now; once a year or so I have to replace the little battery. I don't really want to get obsessive about stuff like my sleep, so I'm happier with the cheaper, simpler choice.