P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Buy the pull-up bar that attaches to your door frame. It can be stowed in your closet when you're not using it.

I can't comment on the gamma program (I'm in my second week of alpha still) but I LOVE P90X3 so far. I would definitely recommend it!

no door frames to attach to as it's a open area.. :(

i might just do the bands and us it on my front door...
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are starting p90x3 on Monday! Does any one have any dinner recipes they wouldn't mind sharing?

Perhaps we need a recipe thread?
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I started P90X3 on the 6th but a couple days in and I tweaked my knee :( Thankfully I should be good to go again tomorrow and I plan on just starting over.....
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 1. Every time I do Total Synergistics I have to stop and admire Drea's rockin bod... seriously! If she is not inspiration to take care of yourself I don't know what is.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Feeling bummed today :cry: Last June I had a bad crash on my mountain bike while riding a downhill. Went over my handlebars, landed on my knee then to my face then rolled down a hill. This was while on vacation which totally sucked. When we returned home I went to the dr because it was still hurting bad and swelling all the way down into my ankle. Found out I had partial tears to 3 ligaments in my knee. So I had to do 6 weeks of physical therapy. After which I was feeling pretty good. After that I completed all 3 phases of T25 and never felt better.
    Well around Christmas that knee started randomly giving out on me. I chalked it up to being on it to much, baking, cooking, shopping, cleaning and so on, Figured after the holidays it would settle down. Well about a week ago it started swelling as well as going out on me and has become very painful again. So I scheduled an appt to go back to my orthopedic dr and I see him Tuesday. I'm really hoping that I didn't re-tear anything or somehow damage it again. I didn't do X3 Friday or yesterday and am going to hold off until after I see him Tuesday to see what he says. I've been trying to do some upper body stuff just to keep myself in the groove. Just wanted to explain why I've been mia for a few days.

Everyone is doing awesome and I'll hopefully be right back in it soon. Fingers crossed for me ! :smile: Keep up the great work all!
  • asfrady88
    Options
    that would probably be good. I am very new with myfitnesspal so not sure exactly how things work. I just know i am having trouble figuring out what to eat and try to fit all the carbs,proteins in for the day. It seems like so many carbs.
  • AJMonroe1161
    AJMonroe1161 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!

Found this thread trying to figure out the calorie burn on P90X3. I'm just completing week 1, and doing Warrior today as I got behind after skipping Friday's workout time.

Already in a challenge group on Facebook under my Beachbody coach's team (Team Impact). Decided I needed to start keeping track of my food - even though I don't totally understand X3's meal planner approach. Anyone that has that figured out and can give this old guy a simple approach would be much appreciated!!

I've completed P90X - twice - the second time was on my 50th birthday! "I aint gettin old" as Tony always says. Also did P90X2 - but didn't complete - just like the original better!

Took 9 months off last year from April-December -- feels like starting over!!!
  • Butrovich
    Options

Already in a challenge group on Facebook under my Beachbody coach's team (Team Impact). Decided I needed to start keeping track of my food - even though I don't totally understand X3's meal planner approach. Anyone that has that figured out and can give this old guy a simple approach would be much appreciated!!

Finished CVX this afternoon and contemplating the Warrior this evening. We'll see how much house cleaning I get done. Burned 537 calories swinging an 8-lbs medicine ball around for 30 minutes. This will conclude my third week of clean eating and steady workouts.

AJ, as far as eating, here is what I have done. I worked out how many calories I need, then figured out the ratio of carb/protein/fat grams required to reach that calorie goal. Then each night I use MyFitnessPal to plan my next day's meals and snacks. I usually have a morning snack and afternoon snack, not including the post-workout drink. That's all I do and it has worked out fine for me. Hope this clears things up for you.

Mike
  • Nsimpter
    Nsimpter Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Finished CVX this afternoon and contemplating the Warrior this evening. We'll see how much house cleaning I get done. Burned 537 calories swinging an 8-lbs medicine ball around for 30 minutes. This will conclude my third week of clean eating and steady workouts.

AJ, as far as eating, here is what I have done. I worked out how many calories I need, then figured out the ratio of carb/protein/fat grams required to reach that calorie goal. Then each night I use MyFitnessPal to plan my next day's meals and snacks. I usually have a morning snack and afternoon snack, not including the post-workout drink. That's all I do and it has worked out fine for me. Hope this clears things up for you.

Mike

The book is so confusing. How do you figure out the right ratio? BTW, Week 2 day 1 of P90X3.......
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Week one is in the history books and so are the 3.5 lbs I lost as a result of this program and my pole dancing. I did total synergistics this morning and will hit the pole studio this evening for my open pole and sulty pole classes.
  • cobalt719
    cobalt719 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 today. So far so good. I toyed with doing or not doing the Dynamix on day seven, but did it anyway. Some good stretches.
  • Butrovich
    Options

The book is so confusing. How do you figure out the right ratio? BTW, Week 2 day 1 of P90X3.......

Reader's Digest version:
    (1) Figure out the number of calories you need each day.
    (2) Multiple Total calories by 0.40 to figure out total calories from Carbs. Divide THIS number by 4 for number of grams of carbs
    (3) Multiply Total calories by 0.30 to figure out total calories from Fat. Divide THIS number by 9 for number of grams of fat
    (4) Multiply Total calories by 0.30 to figure out total calories from Protein. Divide THIS number by 4 for number of grams of protein

The great thng about the MyFitnessPal app is you can use the NUTRITION tab to see a pie graph of how close you are to your ratio.

Mike
  • brocknizzle
    Options
    Just finished Block 1 of P90X3, down 7lbs so far and that was during Christmas and the New Year when my diet wasn't as strong as it should have been. I'm really looking forward to Block 2 and maintaining a better diet. I'm expecting great results. I love all of the workouts and even though they're 30 minutes, I have been sore consistently through all of these workouts. The further you get into the program the more you're able to push yourself during the 30 minutes and the more reps you're able to complete with better form which pushes your body even more. I love P90X3, there is no reason and no excuse for not being able to find 30 minutes in my day to complete the workouts. I highly recommend P90X3 to anyone!
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Anyone know a good place to get a free copy of this workout routine? :flowerforyou:
  • joliemoraitis
    Options
    I'm in, waiting for my video's to come in the mail, hopefully by Thursday to start the program. I have 30lbs. to loose and need this weight off ASAP. Need motivation to keep me going for 90 days.
  • cupcakechaos
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I am starting week 4 of Block 1 and have been slacking on the nutrition side of things. I'm looking for a group to share my enthusiasm and diet struggles with that will encourage me. I also love to encourage others! I lost 50lbs doing Turbo Fire and LOVED it. Looking to lose the last 50lbs and reach my goal! Would I be welcome here with you all?
  • cupcakechaos
    Options
    It's worth the money but I understand if you cannot afford it. You could always check on thepiratebay!
  • cancun42514
    Options
    In reponse to how many calories do you burn during a P90x3 session:

Get a heart rate monitor. I got one for when I work out and you can see how many calories you burn. All depends on how hard you train. Everyone is different.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Anyone know a good place to get a free copy of this workout routine? :flowerforyou:

The pirate bay dot se would be a highly illegal and possibly immoral method of obtaining this program.
  • rhino45
    rhino45 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I about 1 week in and am loving the program so far. I have started a group here in MFP if anyone wants in its open to all. it called p90x3 non-challenge group. I started it because I had seen alot of post about wanting a group for people who do not want to be on a BB coach group. anyways I hope everyone is doing well and keep up the great work.