Working out with all the other stress in life?

Options
I am currently enrolled as a full time student (19 credit hours) at a state university, work two jobs, tutor 3 days a week, AND volunteer for my community. How does everyone find the time to work out in their busy schedules? I would really like some feedback and encouragement on this. It's just soo hard and discouraging. Thanks!!!

Replies

• hybrown
    Options
    I'll run you through my day and let you know your not alone!! I get up at 5am to workout for anywhere from 20-40 minutes. Shower, get ready for work, feed kids, grab a lunch and head to work at 6:40. Work from 7am-5pm Mon-Thurs. Currently my son is still in Football so, I get home, grad a dinner to go (which means, warm it up later) drive my son to the other side of the water, drop him off, and head back to the other side of the water to go to school from 6pm-11pm Mon-Thurs. Now, I will admit, I have Fri, Sat and Sun off each week but I do have 4 children still in the home that I manage and raise and my oldest is on her own but I still seem to manage her life as well. She just had a horrible miscarriage so as far as stress goes...I am at the limit. I am taking care of her emotionally and physically to ensure she gets through this ok. That means, phone calls, paying for dr appts and meds. Getting her there b/c she was so weak, to her appts.

Trust me, you just make the time. You have to have some ME time somewhere. Even if it is only 20-30 minutes a day. I know my weight would come off more if I could exercise more but I just can't. I am already cutting myself short of sleep. My mind and body are already paying for it. Stay safe and positive and you'll get through that stress!!!
  • etrnltrust
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing all of that!! It really did show me some insight, I appreciate it. I just can't see myself waking up at 5am and getting through my day without hitting the ground because of exhaustion. Ha I'll have to try it though. You're right I need to find some ME time. Thanks again!