Vegetarian College Girl Needing Healthy Food Advice!

Options
Hello everyone! I am a senior in high school and 5 months away from being out on my own. I've been a vegetarian for almost 3 years now, and I have been using myfitnesspal for a little over a year. I've never ventured into the social aspect of the site, but considering I'm going to be a college student before I know it, I think I should probably start getting more of a support base with my healthy lifestyle than what I have. I would love to have friends to cheer on and share recipes with. So anyone, please feel free to add me!

Replies

• barloski
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's easy and fun. Just check out your library or bookshop for some recipe books. They are very inspiring. Good luck
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i usually take out my pom poms and cheer outfit for support. o wat the heck, I will take em out for yah...lets do this! ... as long as barloski stop standing on her head ( makes me dizzy... barrrfff! )
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Here is a link I found, if you are familiar with the "Skinny *****" books:

http://thecollegejuice.com/tag/skinny-*****/

Also, I KNOW I have picked up a book in Barnes & Noble's that was specific to college campus and being vegan/vegetarian. It had all kinds of college recipes. Here I just googled and found it:

http://www.amazon.com/PETAs-Vegan-College-Cookbook-Delicious/dp/1402218850

Then you can just google or go to the bookstore and I'm sure you can find plenty. I did read some of that PETA book though, and although maybe not the cleanest food that you may way, it's DEF college and veg-friendly.:wink:
  • pinkspanglystar
    pinkspanglystar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, not sure if you have heard of the tv show River cottage but they have a new cook book out for everyday veg and at the min its £5 on Amazon!! Got it a few weeks ago and its amazing!! Healthy, different and really simple cheap meals in it!!