Looking for friends with 50+ lbs to lose!

Options
Hello everyone!

I've been struggling with my weight for about five years, but I started out my weight loss journey with very unhealthy habits (severe calorie restricting, etc), so naturally I gained it all back and then some (by picking up other unhealthy habits like eating a pint of ice cream in one sitting, hiding food in my room, or eating entire pizzas). I went up and down like that until 2011, when I graduated from college. By the end of that year, I hit my highest weight at 196. Since then I've still been going up and down, but thankfully it's generally been a downward trend. This past summer, I started walking and running and began changing my eating habits. Rather than relying on "low fat" or light/diet foods, I am now going for cleaner eating, focusing on natural ingredients and organic food. I felt better than I have in years and I got down to about 170, but then fell of the wagon AGAIN and gained back 10+ lbs over the last half of the year. So, I'm extremely frustrated!! Not to mention afraid that I've permanently messed up my metabolism with all this yo-yo dieting and binge eating.

I'm currently in a Master's program for teaching, and I really, REALLY want to finish my journey to fitness by the time I start student teaching in the fall this year. I'll also be 25 in June, which means I've spent the first half of my 20's being fat, unhealthy, and depressed with zero self confidence and no desire to be social as a result of that. I hate feeling like I threw away those years, so it has to end this year. Before I turned 20, I weighed about 110-120 lbs pretty consistently, but I was terribly out of shape. So my ultimate goal is to settle in between 125 and 135 and be in the best shape of my life!

So... yeah. I'm really determined now, especially to get past the 170 hump, because I've been kicking around in the 170's for like over a year now. What I really need, I think, are some more motivational friends on this site. So if you are a girl who has similar goals, similar habits you fall into, can relate to my story in any way, or if you also need more friends to motivate you, PLEASE add me! I would also love some friends who have had a lot of success that I can look to for inspiration! I especially need people who use MFP religiously, because I'm motivated to stick with logging my calories by seeing other people's daily diary entries. And I would love to have some friends who will yell at me if they see "_confunded_ hasn't logged on for 2 weeks, they might need some motivation" type messages on their news feed, haha.

So... yeah, I'm not new to MFP, but I'm looking forward to making some more MFP friends! I cannot afford to get off track anymore!

Replies

• laurenjmartin
    laurenjmartin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey goodluck on your weight loss journey!
    Im looking to lose 42lbs first and then possibly another 14lb, see how I feel when I get there!

Goodluck
  • blondefury72
    blondefury72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hello i have a lot more that 50 to lose its so hard i get so discouraged at times but its nice to have places like this to go good luck love to be friends and help anyway i can
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there confunded! I liked your honesty. There are hundreds if not thousands of us out there who relate to you and are going through the same mental angst for the same sort of reasons. I'm much older than you and only wish I'd had your awareness and determination (regarding health) when I was your age. You WILL lose the weight you want to, you WILL get fit. I know it. And so do you. Go for it!
  • born2late86
    born2late86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You sound so similar to me. I was in decent shape in high school playing sports but after, between work and college, ive developed really bad habits that I am working every day to change. I just started back using this app but I'm determined to keep at it. Just keep setting small goals too! I'm going to friend reauest you, and feel free to send me a message if.you ever need to vent or chat!
  • _confunded_
    _confunded_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your kind words! I've got to start using the forums more often! :)
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    curtsey_gif.gif

Nice to meet you!

I'm Meagen, 5'3", 70-80 pounds to lose, & am 23 years old. I currently weigh 213 and am looking at hitting 135-145 within the next year (hopefully). I could definitely use some more upbeat & my-age girlies on my news feed as well!

Aside from the fitness/health side, I also rep the Geek Scene ~ Most of my time is taken up by League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, & beta testing. Wouldn't have it any other way. glasses I have an awesome supporters list going on right now, but I love meeting new people while motivating & supporting along the way ~ I know this can be a really tough journey!

Anyone is free to add me (ladies only, please!) ~ Feel free to shoot me a line!
  • mdawn1253
    mdawn1253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me! I'm 5'3" looking to lose about 75lbs.