New-ish, need buddies!

Options
I'm not exactly new to this site, I've been logging my foods for months and a member for about a year, but I never talk to anyone. I'm losing weight in order to have bariatric surgery. At this point, I have around 350 lbs to lose and I have definitely thought about this decision at great lengths. I'm doing this thing low carb AND low cal.

I have recently decided to be more open about my weight in an attempt to develop some much needed self esteem, and thus far its been amazing. Since talking about it and sharing with others my journey and my current 60 lb weight loss and my goals has been so beneficial I figured I should open up here and make some friends who are sharing my plight.

So... Hi there! I'm Jessica! I'm 27, married, obsessed with horror movies, in love with music, addicted to nostalgia, and I am losing weight for good! If you also appreciate these things, also need to lost some weight, don't judge people, and want to be friendlies, add me, message me, reply, you know, whatevs.

Until then, I will go watch Doctor Who.

Lets be friends!

Replies

• Tinx_87
    Tinx_87 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey, you're welcome to add me (anyone can) - i'm online daily :)
  • sarahserialdieter
    Options
    Hi Jessica, like you I'm not new to the site, i started about a year or so ago, did really well but then gave up and put it all back on and more!
    I don't have quite as much to lose, probably around 40lbs but its still a daily struggle! So I would be happy to join you on your weight loss journey. Well done on your decision to be more open, I'm sure it helps.
    Who's your favourite Doctor Who?
    Sarah
  • horrorsprite
    Options
    Nice to meet you!

Personally, I'm a David Tennant fangirl. :3
    And its not just because he's dreamy, he just, imho, personified the Doctor in a way that is only comparable to Tom Baker. But, I will deliver you from my "The Tenth Doctor is the Best Doctor and This is Why" speech. I can get really carried away with it. lol

I actually got into Doctor Who quite recently. I started watching it about the same time I started this bout of dieting (sometime in Oct). I have since watched every modern episode and as many of the classic ones as I could find. I know it sounds a little goofy, but its been a big help with my diet/exercise. I use it as a distraction from cravings and I reward myself with it after a long workout.
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    I have 50 lbs. to lose and for good this time! Feel free to add me!
  • denise588
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. I've tried using myfitnesspal before, but gave up..I only had my phone to use. Now i have a computer, and can be active in the site. I hope to stay with it this time, for the support. :smile:
  • isaac3emma
    Options
    Jessica,

I to have been on mfp for quite some time. I began losing weight in May of 2013 and during the Holidays I allowed myself to cheat. I only gained 3 lbs of the weight back of the 45 I lost but I have beat up on myself something terrible and I am finding hard to get back into the beat of things again. I still need to lose a little over 100 lbs and that seems like a lifetime away but if I don't do this I won't have a lifetime. I desire to encourage and be encouraged. Please feel free to add me.

Sherry