Need to lose baby weight!!!

Options
After baby number 2, it is time to lose all this weight I'm claiming is from my boys!! Haha, its not. I have bad eating habits and poor fitness levels. I'm going to change that, and this group can help! So if you have some good tips for staying motivated while nursing, and wanting to just lay down and cuddle with my new baby please help out!! So excited for a new me!

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    This is the best I can do for motivation....

This is me just after my 2nd was born:
    100_2010.jpg
    pictures upload

And this is after I lost weight:
    SAM_3249.jpg
    image upload with preview

For me, the exercise part saved my sanity, as I got some 'me' time. I've never had bad eating habits to be honest, and I've been a gym member for several years, but I did stop going while pregnant with my 2nd, which was such a mistake.

I ended up having to formula feed both of mine, which was not the plan unfortunately, so I'm not sure how to help with that one. Express and leave a bottle? Go exercise just after a feed?

I'm 26 weeks pregnant now and hoping to be ale to breastfeed this time, so I'll be able to help with some tips for working out while nursing then :smile: You'll have to wait a few weeks though lol.
  • amywendyj
    amywendyj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing and congrats on another new addition. I just got a stationary bike and will do it 3 times a week to start. I have been too inactive for too long so I know its going to be hard to keep going. But with a 4 year old and a 4 month old stopping is not an option! With my first I wasn't able to nurse and had to go right back to a somewhat physical job. With my 2nd I get to be a stay at home mom so its a lot easier to stay in pjs and watch tv when I should get up early and exercise!! Thank you for the photo, I think I need to put a picture up if myself now, to look at and then compare to the new me as I shed lbs, hopefully!
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Before and after photos are definitely motivating.

My kids are 4.5 and 2.5 now, and will be nearly 3 and nearly 5 when their sister is born! So I expect even without going to the gym, I'll be pretty active!

I'm English, so we can take a year for maternity leave, depending on finances!
  • laurenjmartin
    laurenjmartin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dawnie your before and after pictures are amazing!
    Such fab motivation, can I ask how long it took you?
    x
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Probably about 2 years in total, but I was looking much better after maybe 16-18 months, and then it was a case of toning up more.
  • littledsoon
    Options
    I am here for the exact same reason, have about 30 pounds total to take off after having my second child. I am here for you! I will add you as a friend!
  • keindi
    keindi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also here to lose baby weight :) I have a preschool son and almost 18 month old twins.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well my baby is 9... but feel free to friend me.
  • amywendyj
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I'm glad to know I am not alone!! I definitely have a support team at home but I also want to keep my boyfriend my boyfriend, not my food drill sergeant!! So kick my butt if you see me not logging in for days at a time!!
  • SuePin02
    SuePin02 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm getting ready to start back up nursing school after a month long break and that's when it'll be hard, lets stay connected and motivate each other!!! Best wishes. FR sent! :happy:
  • jarbatz
    jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm in the same boat! Kids are almost 4 and 10 months. I was 20 lbs heavier when I got pg with #2 and gained 50 lbs with him. The weight came off much easier with my 1st then my 2nd so here I am with 45-55 lbs to lose. Good luck!
  • rsmith77
    rsmith77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the baby weight as well. My youngest just turned 1 and I'm ready to get back into my pre-pregnancy shape. I have about 20lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • areid93
    areid93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 30lbs of baby weight to lose. My son is 6 months old and i'm ready to get out of my maternity pants! so embarrassing to have my husband see me still wearing these pants! We can do it, one pound at a time! :)
  • amywendyj
    Options
    I'm still in my maternity pants too! However the crotch ripped out, so I have no choice but to wear real pants. More motivation I suppose!!
  • kristelrobin
    kristelrobin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    At this point, it's a stretch to call it "baby weight," since my youngest is almost 15 months old. Still, I kept an extra 30 pounds for each of my 2 kids, and I am now about 55 pounds above the weight I was when I got pregnant with my older daughter -- in 2008! I'm ready to get back to being "me" -- the version of me that I still imagine I am sometimes. And yes, I still wear a few maternity pieces. :-/ I gave most of them to goodwill, but there is one pair of pants and a few shirts that I've hung on to.
  • amywendyj
    Options
    I kept telling my boyfriend that until our oldest was 18, it was baby weight. Excuses are a problem of mine! So no more excuses we can do this!
  • whitmers22
    Options
    I am here for the same reason. After baby three I have 50lbs to lose. Add me if you would like I could use any help staying motivated and I am here to help people stay motivated as well :)
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! My only child just turned one on December 19, and I have been back to logging food for 4 days now. I lost almost 40 pounds before getting pregnant using MFP, but post-pregnancy I am almost back to where I was to begin with...grrr. Trying to lose 15-20 pounds by summer break!
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too! My youngest is 10 months but I have the baby weight from my 14 year old yet! I am down 52 after the last one but have another 20+ to go.
  • At3w3ight
    Options
    I just made a topic for this very thing!!! I so need to get the "baby weight" off! I need motivation as at this point I am so discouraged! Any pointers, tips, etc would be helpful!!!

Current Weight: 212 lbs
    First Weight loss goal: 31lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 155lbs