Early dinner or not!

Options
Hi All,

I have been trying to stay in my calorie limit but want to know from those of you who have been losing weight consistently that do u guys eat an early dinner (say 7pm) and only have a light snack afterwards or u eat late but within calorie limit. The reason i ask :ohwell: is because i was once told that if i consistently ate around 7pm there will come a time wen eating at 8pm will also result in weight gain! Is there any truth in this?

Thanks!

Replies

• Fit_Lean_Priya
    Fit_Lean_Priya Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    No truth at all

in this case it calories in and calories out, if you eat at 12am midnight too but by end of week you had defecit of 3500 calories you will loose 1 lb weight
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time you eat your calories, as long as you stay within your limit. You could eat your entire day's worth of calories at midnight and still lose, as long as you are eating at a deficient. Not that I'd recommend doing that.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    to lose weight, the most beneficial time to eat is 34m27s after waking, then every 4h2m46s after. your calories must be evenly distributed with each meal, and your macros balanced.

joking.

eat when you like! I prefer to stop eating a couple of hours before bed, so I've got a bit of time for my food to digest.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    No truth at all. Meal timing is about preference. I eat 1-2 meals a day normally the bulk of my calories are my last meal followed by ice cream or cookies that I eat while laying in bed watching tv.

As long as you are at a deficit you will lose.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever it suits you.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If 7 pm is an early dinner, I've been doing this all wrong!

Eat what you like, when you like, and to lose weight, eat within your calorie limit. There's no special trick to it.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I work nights, I eat between 8pm and 4am. oh crap im still losing weight!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I eat early, around 5 and try to have my last snack gone by 7 or so. Can't say if it makes a difference but I usually head to bed around 10 so I really don't want to carry that food to bed with me and that is my only reasoning.
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well, if you have early dinner, you're food gets digested before u hit the sack. It definitely feels better that way. One of my friend lost weight by changing 2 things: 1. Early dinner & 2. Started using olive oil.

Just a suggestion!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I eat the vast majority of my calories (generally more than 2/3) within an hour of bedtime. When I maintain a calorie deficit, I lose. When I eat too many calories, I gain. Doesn't matter when I eat them, just how many.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I have been trying to stay in my calorie limit but want to know from those of you who have been losing weight consistently that do u guys eat an early dinner (say 7pm) and only have a light snack afterwards or u eat late but within calorie limit. The reason i ask :ohwell: is because i was once told that if i consistently ate around 7pm there will come a time wen eating at 8pm will also result in weight gain! Is there any truth in this?

Thanks!
    No truth to that statement at all. You can eat when you want, but eating at a calorie deficit is how you lose weight.

I had dinner at 7:30 and then desert at about 8:00 p.m. Sometimes I eat dinner at 8:00 p.m. and a snack about an hour later. I've been doing this my entire weight loss journey.
  • Newdare
    Newdare Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot buddies!!! This sure means creating a deficit is most important... I agree eating early makes u feel better but it's not always doable! Thanks for putting in time for this!