Best time of day to do a fitness DVD?

Options
(Im hoping you all say 'evening' as its the only spare time I get!!)

Currently doing 30 Day Shred- put my 4 month old to bed at about 6.45 and then do the DVD without any interruptions.

As I am limited to ONLY doing it at an evening im curious as to whether I am ad a disadvantage doing it at this time? Is there any benefit of working out in the morning/afternoon? (I would mean in terms of metabolism etc etc)

Replies

• hollyt93
    Options
    I found that doing my workout DVD in the morning the best way as it meant that my metabolism continued to be high througout the day when I was eating. But doing it a night won't harm you.
    You will still lose the weight/tone up because you are still doing the exercise.
    If it is the only time you have free then don't worry too much. :)
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I workout at 9pm most nights (that's when my 2.5 yo is asleep). As far as I am concerned, there is no best time. When I'm on vacation or on wkds; I workout mid morning period. Do what works for you :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The best time to do a fitness DVD is when you have time to do it.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    anytime at all
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

And WILL do it. For me, that's usually 5am.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The best time to exercise is anytime you can fit it in your schedule. I like doing my workouts in the early morning before anyone gets up. The only kids I have to worry about at that hour are the furry ones...lol.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Depends on the moon cycle - month and atmospheric pressure at sea level but rule to thumb says between 10.28 and 11.54 AM.
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For me it's first thing in the morning. 2 reasons - my children are older and up in the evenings so getting up early means I get most of the workout donebefore they come downstairs and start wanting to use the televsion and second, it stops the mental battle about whether I will/won't do the dvd today or putting it off and then deciding to go to bed instead!
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

This!!!!!!

Mine best time, when I have time is at 5 am!!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    for me , I find if I workout to late in the evening it takes forever to get to sleep.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

+1 do it whenever you can fit it into your schedule. I find doing mine first thing in the morning prevents me from putting it off when I get home after work but do what works for you. A workout is a workout, doesn't matter what time of day you do it.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

This
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Seriously? :huh:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    there is some research that says it doesn't make a difference and some which says the morning but honestly, as others have said, the best time is when you can and will do it!

I find, for me, I like to have the exercise done and over with, but since I already wake up before 5:30 for work (alarm is set for 5 but the snooze button can happen) exercising before work is usually not an option and, when it is, I am simply not coordinated enough to do anything serious that early in the morning!
  • wattsywoo
    wattsywoo Posts: 22 Member
    Options

yes? why?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

yes? why?

This question takes the cake... kudos OP. :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The best time is the time you have time to do it.

For some that is first thing in the morning, others at lunch or during the day and others before bed.
  • wattsywoo
    wattsywoo Posts: 22 Member
    Options

yes? why?

This question takes the cake... kudos OP. :flowerforyou: :laugh:

ah you think im a bit stupid for even asking? Ill take that. Thanks for the flowers. :wink:
  • Shreddingitnow
    Options
    At night!