Chicken Breasts

Options
2»

Replies

• Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Last night was pomegranate glazed chicken. And garnished with pomegranate seeds. Total yum. :)
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    What do you consider a good price for boneless chicken breast in your area? They are about 2.25 a pound here in the U.P. of Michigan.
  • Shreddingitnow
    Options
    Sick of chicken!? Thats insane
    I grill it often
  • SarahJains
    SarahJains Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wrap chicken breasts in bacon. Drizzle with garlic olive oil and cook until the bacon is crisp.
    Remove from the oven and pour over the Philadelphia stir and cook garlic and chive sauce. Yum! Serve with lots of veg!

The bacon juices mix with the olive oil and make a lovely little flavoursome glaze on the underneath mmmmm

Can be around 400 calls a meal though

:)
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I eat about 13# of chicken a week. LOL We cook it all up on Sunday. I sprinkle it with a seasoning called Plowboy's (it's really good, can't find it local, we get it off Amazon), then grill it. I slice it up in medallions and toss it in a tupperware for easy use throughout the week. From there, it can become anything, from a nice toss-in for salads, add to a bowl of bouillon, throw on top of a bed of rice, shred for sammiches.

When I start getting 'worn out' on chicken, I reach for my fish. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil, toss in the oven for 20 minutes at 425, and I've got a nice quick protein that's NOT a yard bird.

Sarah's bacon chicken sounds really yummo!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I did a new thing the other night that was pretty good. Spread a thin layer of refried beans on the bottom of a baking dish (I used canned), top with enchilada sauce, layer on some chicken breasts pounded thin (I just bought some "right size" filets), drench with more enchilada sauce, cover, bake at 400 for 40 minutes (uncover for last 10). Plate the breasts smothered in beans, top with hot sauce. The chicken came out tender and flavorful, it's high-protein, and surprisingly low-cal.
  • Keller459
    Keller459 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cola chicken is great too, and very easy!

12 oz diet coke (or any other coke/pepsi product you prefer, I have heard Dr. Pepper is good too)
    1/2 cup ketchup

Put the chicken in a deep skillet. Add ketchup and coke. Mix well. Cover and cook chicken on medium setting for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Uncover and turn to high heat to thicken the sauce.

Sounds odd but it is YUMMY!! It is a weight watchers recipe.

I have done this in a crock pot too. Works out well.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, olive oil, oregano, mushrooms bake or sauté together
  • angulasalajillo
    Options
    Wrap chicken breasts in bacon. Drizzle with garlic olive oil and cook until the bacon is crisp.
    Remove from the oven and pour over the Philadelphia stir and cook garlic and chive sauce. Yum! Serve with lots of veg!

The bacon juices mix with the olive oil and make a lovely little flavoursome glaze on the underneath mmmmm

Can be around 400 calls a meal though

:)

^^This :smile: except I stuff mine with Philadelphia and spinach, wrap in bacon and grate a bit of cheese on the top. Serve with salad (and maybe sweet potato wedges).
    Nom.