What music do you work out to?

Options
What music do yo work out to and what era is it from? For instance I work out to Robbie Williams, music from my mid 20's.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't like listening to music when I work out....it's distracting.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Energetic pop & angry metal :smokin:
  • Melissajordan09
    Melissajordan09 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy anything with a fast beat but I find I listen to a lot of 80's music, hip-hop or techno. It's nice to kind of walk to the beat when you are busting your butt on the treadmill. :tongue:
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Mostly Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, but I also have some great classical and orchestral pieces like the theme from Superman (Christopher Reeve era) by John Williams and pieces from Conan the Barbarian (Arnold schwarzenegger era), by Basil Poledouris.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't like listening to music when I work out....it's distracting.

Wow, you just enjoy the grunts and the clang of irons. Real man (if you're a man) right there.
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I do cardio (treadmill incline intervals) I *love* older hip hop dance! Nothing like working hard to The Humpty Dance, Baby Got Back, Good Vibrations, etc. :)

When I do the weights and strength training I usually just watch TV.
  • trinity5703
    Options
    I usually just walk, either outside or on a treadmill when the weather is bad.
    I have "1" song on my player that gets me seriously motivated while walking.
    Its LONG.. like 7 minutes....By a group called Seven Nations - Campbell's Farewell to Redcastle/Cristo Wraps the Reichstag
    Its got a nice change of beat, that really motivates me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcDyP0jZ7kE

But if you dont like bagpipes this probably isnt something you want to listen to :)
  • momtastic2014
    Options
    Dubstep
  • Blourose
    Blourose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have purchased and downloaded some MP3 's form iTrain, mostly for the treadmill and the voice/trainer I like is "Grace". Her voice is not annoying to me and the workout is explained for walkers, joggers and RUNNERS SO YOU CAN ADAPT TO WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU ON THE TREADMILL. they ALSO HAVE LOTS OF OTHER WORKOUTS AND TRAINERS. available On THE WEB. It keeps me focused and it works for me.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Modern metal. Most of it sounds like Cookie Monster's pissed off.