Beginner in Quiet Apartment; Jillian's Ripped in 30

Options
Ok, dieting has been successful for me and I'm down 15lbs with no exercise (well, I'm an overnight stocker on my feet 5-8hrs a day and I always break a sweat) but I need to step it up.

I have no idea how to go about exercise. None at all. I had done the Couch to 5k running program a few years ago but it got way too cold before I could finish and I never tried again. It's too cold now to start, but I plan to start that again in the spring.

I've read many good things about Jillian's Ripped in 30 days workout dvd. I don't have any hand weights which appear to be required (I hope that's the only equipment, I have nothing). I may be able to buy some but maybe some weight household object will do in the meantime.

THE PROBLEM:

I need to be quiet while working out. The floors are thin and I can't even do jumping jacks or anything with impact. I watched a little bit of the first week video and there was a part with quick feet drills.. no can do. Is there something I can substitute for these types of workouts? Is there a better video workout I can follow (complete step-by-step 30 days) which has quieter workouts?

Any tips are appreciated thank you

*Also looking into the Body Revolution dvds.. but that's pretty expensive and I'm worried about being able to do it quietly (maybe my downstairs neighbors(aka my parents who are letting me stay for a little while) will understand a little noise..)

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

I love Jillian Michaels so would recommend her. I have a Jillian Michaels one 'no more trouble zones' which is more strength based and less jumping - might be an option to look at?
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Can you ask your parents if they will be out at a certain time of the day and you can workout then without worry of creating too much noise?

You can also workout outside or maybe your cellar (if you have one) since its the lower room of the house?
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Actually jumping should be quiet. You need to learn how to do soft landings. Better for your joints too!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    you can try fitness blender on youtube. they have some great strength training workouts! I hope this helps.cheers.
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Is there a garage you could do it in? It may sound funny as garages are usually cold and dark, but you will get really hot anyway and then you can be as noisy as you like! I do Jillian's DVDs in my bedroom and find that I make a bit of noise but not too much. Perhaps you should talk to your parents as another poster suggests, find a good time for them for you to exercise.