So...100lbs to go!

Options
I'm Ella, I have lost weight before, a substantial amount actually. I'm the cusp where I am at the last 100lbs! I have 52 weeks to do it, and I am hoping this site, the app and the diary will help me stay accountable. I gained five lbs for the first time in three years, and it actually snapped me out of my holding zone.

I need to do this. I am concentrating on calorie intake, exercising four times a week, and keeping my sodium and cards below my daily goal!

2lbs a weeks!

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel the need to do this in an allotted amount of time? If I learned anything is that it is best to not rush weight loss just have time and patience. Hurried results end in no result in the long run.
  • AngieWion
    AngieWion Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have found that putting a time frame on it has mentally messed me up and just need to let nature take its course! Thats me! Good Luck, I would love to lose 100 by the end of the year that is my goal too!
  • EllaBelleAces
    Options
    I think maybe because it was the only way I lost weight before. If not putting a time frame on it helps you, then that is totally awesome, but for me it just made me push it off constantly, like I was saying...

"I didn't make my weight goal this week, well whatever, there is another week coming up"

I don't concentrate on the whole year all the time. I make small goals for every week. it helps me stay focused and motivated. Like I said I lost 150lbs in about 78 weeks. So roughly a year and a half. That was at approximately 2 lbs per week and I have kept all 145lbs of it off two years later. I'm confident that it works for me, it's just a matter of getting to it, and keeping myself on track, accountable, and aware of my goals.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I think maybe because it was the only way I lost weight before. If not putting a time frame on it helps you, then that is totally awesome, but for me it just made me push it off constantly, like I was saying...

"I didn't make my weight goal this week, well whatever, there is another week coming up"

I don't concentrate on the whole year all the time. I make small goals for every week. it helps me stay focused and motivated. Like I said I lost 150lbs in about 78 weeks. So roughly a year and a half. That was at approximately 2 lbs per week and I have kept all 145lbs of it off two years later. I'm confident that it works for me, it's just a matter of getting to it, and keeping myself on track, accountable, and aware of my goals.

Different Folks and different strokes...
    Do what works for YOU, I have personal goals that I want to achieve/fulfill and there are timelines on them all. It isn't the end of the world if I don't make them but it helps keep me motivated and reaching for the brass ring. My only advice is to make sure you have a plan for the day that you attain that goal, don't work work work to get there and then screw up because you don't have a maintenance plan in place. (since you already lost and kept it off I'm sure you do!)
    Keep pushing forward...