50lb Club

Options
With the backdrop of excitement and pride to have made the 50lb milestone this Saturday a month before my goal, I surprised myself today and again was renewed with pride. At the end of the workday a trainer who recently returned to our work was talking to a gathering about having lost 57lbs!. Rick was beaming and stressing to everyone it was more about feeling so much better and not about a scale number. I instantly high-fived him, shook his hand and offered a sincere congratulations. Another coworker, Diane, who has had a hard life, been shy, and an outsider of sort; spoke up that she has lost 49lbs! Sure I easily and appropriately could have mentioned that on Saturday I made the 50lb milestone. I went over and gave her a hug, told some passer byes how great she has done. She had tears in her eyes. A friend looked to me to hear my number, all I said was how proud I was of them. My friend smiled and winked to me:wink:

I have been supported and praised so much by mfpals, friends, and coworkers that my cup felt full [That might be a bigger milestone than 50]. I wanted Diane to be in the spotlight she rarely gets. Being content with myself rarely occurs for this perfectionist. Working out and loosing weight has truly relaxed me. Rick was right it is not about the scale number.

Replies

• Vonnie0729
    Vonnie0729 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! nothing like having a support group
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That is tremendously sweet!!!! Proud of you all!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))))))
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Great job. You should go pickup 50lbs of something and celebrate!!! I've been at 45-46lbs since Christmas. Im stuck but not giving up!!!!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great Job I hope you feel just as amazing as your buddies do, 50lb is a lot!!!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to join you. Been stuck at 48 for 3 weeks.

Congrats!!!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Way to let someone else shine!!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That's really sweet :) A great story - thanks for sharing it :)
  • smokeytex74
    Options
    Thank you for being humble like that..so many times we make it all about ourselves and forget that there are others out there who work just has hard with little or no support.. I admire you for that. :happy:
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! It's a big number! I agree it is about how you feel but numbers are also important as solid proof to ourselves that our work is paying off. They are confidence boosters for me. It's like seeing the correct answer on a test question. I am working on my body fat number too. The feeling of being able to get my heart rate alot higher when doing cardio when 6 months ago a lower number about killed me. Many numbers that matter. Cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, all important numbers! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!