• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been on and off a low carb diet for a few months now, even though I have lost a little bit of weight my cravings for bread and pasta are crazy and I am running out of low carb ideas for lunch and dinner.

what are your opinions on low carb diets and do you think that just eating healthily and sticking to my reccommended calorie intake will do the trick?

My opinion is 'diet's' don't work. A sensible caloric deficit, a variety of foods, stay active and BE CONSISTENT. That's all you need.
  • Crash7676
    Crash7676 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lower carb diets are not 0 carb diets and can be very useful. I have been following a lower carb diet since Nov, it is the only way I can reduce calories without serious cravings like bread and sweets. Don't just dismiss it, look into it. Really good honest logging, seeing what is truly going into your body, is a huge help. Little calories that sneak in can end up sabotaging weight loss.
    Interesting article:
    http://authoritynutrition.com/10-things-dietitians-say-about-low-carb-diets/
  • BaoCat
    BaoCat Posts: 42
    Options
    You have to go down a path that's sustainable for you. If you don't have a medical reason to be on a low carb diet, and it's frustrating for you, by all means, I'd be slowly allowing more carbs in and focusing more on calories.

Probably best to transition a little slowly - introducing a bunch of carbs may wreck havoc with you for a bit. ;)
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Balance! Eat normal but tracking and staying in calorie limits. For me it's about awareness of what I am eating. I try to avoid white carbs to get more value out of them. Whole grains etc. I love my pasta btu when I do eat it it's whole grain and I am tending to put more sauce on it, healthy sauce, fresh ingredients. Not fatty creamy sauces.