I want to get healthy

Options
Hi, my name is Melissa and my overall goal is to become healthy. I am 40 years old and weigh 144 pounds. I used to work out regularly, but since starting grad school a few years back, I have become sedentary. Additionally, when my ex and I broke up, I began smoking cigarettes again (after quitting for 6 years). I have been smoking for 2 years now. I am currently trying to quit smoking. I had a slip this weekend, so I am starting over tomorrow. How does this relate? Well, eating seems to be replacing the smoking. I cannot afford to gain any more weight. I really want to lose weight...especially because I am now a single mom and want to set a good example for my son; plus, I am single and would like to feel good about myself so I can meet someone someday :). After looking at what I ate today...I am more than motivated to take the first step...tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Yay! Wish me luck! And good luck to each of you!

Melissa

Replies

• HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can add me (:

You'll find lots of support here!
  • psychemissy
    Options
    Thanks! I will! Good luck to you!
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best nod luck to you
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is the first priority. Many have done it. You're just as strong as they are. You can do this.
  • psychemissy
    Options
    Thank you! I quit smoking once before, so I know I can do it again. Smoking is part of the reason I stopped working out, truth be known...I just realized it. I avoided working out because it hurt to breath after I started smoking. Now it is time to reverse it! Thanks for the support!
  • Mcogelia
    Options
    Good luck! :)