Chin exercises??? Is that a thing?

Options
Hello my MFP's!
I was wondering if there is an exercise that could help with that pesky double chin we all battle with. I was not blessed with a beautiful jaw line but I'm willing to work to get one! If at all possible. I've seen some gimmicky things to do but I'm not sure what would really work. Please share the wealth of physical knowledge with me and your fellow MFP's! Thanks guys ;)

Replies

• riginthering
    Options
    What my mother taught me is to lean your head back and push your lower jaw forward so you look like you have the world's biggest underbite. 5 sets of 10 reps a day.

I don't know if this actually works that well. I'm always afraid of TMJ or something, so I've never really given this one its full commitment.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Lose fat.

Also, don't squeeze your chin back into your neck in photos.

But really, just lose fat and your chins will go away.
  • riginthering
    Options
    Not necessarily. My chin always bulges underneath, no matter how skinny I am. I have to really concentrate to relax the muscles around it to make the bulge go away.

Don't be snide.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    It's due to two things: bodyfat % and genetics. So if you loose fat and it's still there... that's that.

There is NOTHING you can do short of surgery to get rid of it. Exercises don't help because you can't spot reduce, and because it's not a muscle.
  • stephieb186
    Options
    That is pretty much what I thought. I am hopeful! Thank you guys!