The One Month No Scale Challenge

Options
Do you weigh yourself every day, multiple times a day and want to stop? Do you let the scale dictate if you are having a good day or bad day? Do you let the scale determine if you had a great week or bad week even if you did great with your meals for the week and workouts? Well this challenge is for you. Some people let this piece of equipment determine their mood for the rest of the day and it can cause stress which is never good for your body. Don’t let this number define you… You are much more than just a number!!! The next time we are allowed to weight ourselves is on FEBRUARY14th. So go hide your scales or do whatever you have to do (I went and took the batteries out of the scale and had my husband hide them) (weird I know), I want you to check in daily or weekly especially when you’re struggling so we can encourage each other here on MFP. You can add me as a friend so we can motivate each other we can do this!!!

The scale doesn’t measure the changes in your health. Focus on other benefits you are getting with your new active lifestyle like…

•You feel more energy.
•Your resting heart rate lowers.
•Bone Density Improves.
•Blood pressure and cholesterol levels improves
•You sleep better.
•Clothes are fitting better.
•Losing inches.
•You can lift more weight (stronger).
•Your range of motion increases (flexibility).
•You can run more without stopping to walk.
•Excellent yearly checkups with your doctor

Source http://www.merrittclubs.com/blog/fitness-tips/reasons-why-you-shouldnt-weigh-yourself-every-day

CHALLENGE STARTS JANUARY 14TH 2014 AND ENDS ON FEBUARY 14TH 2014:
*Rules*

NO SCALE CHECKS! NO CHEATING lol!

Replies

• k_winder
    k_winder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I obsess too much and I need to stop. I'm in!
  • susandgrant9
    Options
    I weigh myself every day too, so I'm in!!
  • mdawn1253
    mdawn1253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I hate the scale. This gives me another reason not to use it!!! I am so in!!!
  • shill216
    Options
    Yes, that is so true. I will do the challenge:smile:
  • Italianma7
    Italianma7 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am so guilty of this! Count me in ????
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    cant do it have to weigh in
  • Fibra73
    Options
    I recently put tape over the digital screen on my scale and vowed to only weigh myself Monday mornings. I feel really good about it so far, though I am only a week in. I lost 1.2 pounds over the week and I feel more power since it isn't such a fickle measurement!
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    OMG this is exactly what I was talking about with my MFP friends yesterday!! I'm SO in!!!
  • Kari121869
    Options
    Are you making an actual 'group' for this??
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    I am in! Luckily my scale just broke and only reads me random numbers anyway, so I will just refrain from buying a new one! For now.
  • myhawby
    myhawby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was actually supposed to put my scale away on January 1st and not weigh in until February 1st. It didn't happen...but now it will... I am in.
  • aryaw
    aryaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday but now I just do it every two weeks although I may just do it monthly. This month (january 2014) is the start of my "lifestyle" changes and I am not on a diet, just making better food choices and not kicking myself if I have a pice of cake or cookie, I just have to remember it's not moderation if I eat the whole bag of cookies or whole cake ;-)
  • Amaliaoami
    Options
    I'm in as well! Someone already asked, but will there be a group for this?
  • crash_aly
    Options
    Holy crap! Anyone else struggling with this?
  • Kari121869
    Options
    Yes I'm struggling.. I actually 'caved' the other day - of course the scale wasn't 'nice' - which made me really pissed since I've been really good.... starting to think I'll throw the damn thing out!!