Shakeology

Options
Hi! Does anyone know how to purchase Beach body's shakeology cheaper than their website? $130/month seems kinda high!

Replies

• reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes, don't.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Why not just drink protein shakes?

^This.
    They are overpriced protein/"meal replacement" drinks. That is all.
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    My fiancee really loved the shakeology stuff but it was way to expensive.

We've since found a protein mix called 'Spiru-tein' that she is now using and says its not much different in terms of taste and what she feels it's doing for her.

I've started having it for breakfast (chocolate spiru-tein with 8oz almond milk, 1 banana, 1 tblspn powdered peanutbutter, 1tblspn honey and a little ice and water) and I love it. Keeps me satisfied until lunch and it tastes really good.

(And it's something like 1/3rd the cost)
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    My sis-in-law is a BB coach and she gave me one to try....YUCK! Totally tastes like artifical sweetner. I'll just stick with my Beverely International Protein powder. I'd rather spend $50 on a tub of protein I'll use!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It's not meant to be a protein supplement, it's meant to be a meal replacement and used as a multi vitamin. Seems like alot of ppl think they can replace their protein shake with it, but no. I actually use a scoop of whey in my Shakeology to get more protein since my protein goal is pretty high. It's a meal replacement and that makes it $4 for a meal, cheaper than most meals I make. Just saying, if you think you're getting the same thing in a protein shake, you are not. It is different purposes...
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's not meant to be a protein supplement, it's meant to be a meal replacement and used as a multi vitamin. Seems like alot of ppl think they can replace their protein shake with it, but no. I actually use a scoop of whey in my Shakeology to get more protein since my protein goal is pretty high. It's a meal replacement and that makes it $4 for a meal, cheaper than most meals I make. Just saying, if you think you're getting the same thing in a protein shake, you are not. It is different purposes...

I'll take a scoop of protein powder and a multivitamin and save a bunch of money then? A tub of ON Whey lasts my wife and I at least 2 months, costs $50, and a multivitamin costs me 20 bucks for a year? Total cost, $0.88? And if your meals cost more than $4 each, you are doing something wrong. My wife and I spend $130 a week on average on groceries (including non grocery items like trash bags and stuff). So, each meal (assuming I eat only 3 meals a day. Which I don't. I eat snacks as well), costs me $3.10. Keep your shakeology with water, I will keep my protein powder, greek yogurt, and mixed berry breakfast thank you very much.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Solid regurgitation of the marketing matierial
  • calsgirl18
    Options
    I purchased individual pack on ebay to see if I like it enough th shell out that much. I'm glad I did. Personally, I don't really think it is worth it. No matter what I did, it always tasted so gritty. I drink the gnc total lean protein shakes. I mix them with fruit and blend them in the blender. Great for breakfast and lunch! Way better and much cheaper!
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Solid regurgitation of the marketing matierial
    Yep!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Low quality product for a ridiculously high price. Beachbody should stick to workout DVDs, and stay out of the supplement business, as their supplements are crap.
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use True Athlete whey protein from vitamin shoppe. $24 dollars a tub, can't beat that. Add a multi in the morning and I'm set.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input...Sorry to stir up emotions...all i asked is there another place? I will take all the pro and cons into thought though!
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options

Either way....it still tastes like crap....
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is the only supplement drink I have found that doesn't make me gag, it tastes great IMO. But no I have no clue where to get it cheaper, if you find it, let me know!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If there was a place to get it cheaper, that would blow their entire strategy.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I'll take a scoop of protein powder and a multivitamin and save a bunch of money then? A tub of ON Whey lasts my wife and I at least 2 months, costs $50, and a multivitamin costs me 20 bucks for a year? Total cost, $0.88? And if your meals cost more than $4 each, you are doing something wrong. My wife and I spend $130 a week on average on groceries (including non grocery items like trash bags and stuff). So, each meal (assuming I eat only 3 meals a day. Which I don't. I eat snacks as well), costs me $3.10. Keep your shakeology with water, I will keep my protein powder, greek yogurt, and mixed berry breakfast thank you very much.

BOOOOOOOOOM
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    yes. carnation instant breakfast.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I work for a company who manufactures protein powders and just this morning I asked my good friend who a product developer about Shakeology. What the big deal with it was. He was like well it's just great marketing. It's a bunch of vegetable protein which basically isn't that high, so hence why most say it's not a protein shake, ok. Oh yea, and high in sugars, hence why someone said, the artificial sweetener taste. I think it's genius marketing and more power to them for that but I'll pass and stick to my protein shakes. the bottom line is that my company also pays our marketing great money. enough said.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    They really aren't selling protein drinks.
    They also really aren't selling meal replacements.

They're selling the hope that if you drink some of your food instead of just eating it, something so good it is almost magical will happen. It's a lie.

Go buy a lottery ticket. For $2 you can dream of being rich.
    With shakeology, you spend so much more and just dream of having the body you want.