Please help!

Options
I have been off of this website for a long time now and NEED to get back on track. I don't even know if I truly know how to eat healthy any more. I used to eat a lot of turkey, chicken, fruit, veggies, things like that. I am always on the go and work 2 jobs an am a full time student so I could use some quick recipes for lunches, healthy snacks, (or even dinners) that are easy and on the go. Even if it is something that is prepackaged, just anything will help!

thanks!
-Danielle

Replies

• PocketNaomi
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs are quick to boil up a whole big bowl of them and take everywhere. They're high protein and only 70 calories apiece. Tuna salad is a quick make for a big bowl, then you can just scoop some into a tupperware container and taken it with you when you're running around.
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs are quick to boil up a whole big bowl of them and take everywhere. They're high protein and only 70 calories apiece. Tuna salad is a quick make for a big bowl, then you can just scoop some into a tupperware container and taken it with you when you're running around.
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been off of this website for a long time now and NEED to get back on track. I don't even know if I truly know how to eat healthy any more. I used to eat a lot of turkey, chicken, fruit, veggies, things like that. I am always on the go and work 2 jobs an am a full time student so I could use some quick recipes for lunches, healthy snacks, (or even dinners) that are easy and on the go. Even if it is something that is prepackaged, just anything will help!

thanks!
    -Danielle

I'm pretty much on campus all day so I bring everything I eat with me in the morning. Make it all the night before bed, grab it from the fridge in the morning and I'm out the door.

Do you not like sandwichs? Lol it's the oldest trick in the book and it still works. Whole grain bread, whole wheat tortillas, etc, add in your favorite deli-meat or tuna and youre set. I eat it pretty early on in the day so the meat won't go bad. Otherwise you could always use some natural peanut butter and jam if you plan to eat it later on.

If I'm going to the gym, I tend to pack a post workout meal because I won't get home until later. This is usually oatmeal, beans & brown rice or another sandwich.

I've even made dinner right in the morning if I knew I wasn't going to be back in time. I'd just throw a couple of chicken breasts on my George Foreman in the morning, eat breakfast, and they'd be done by the time I was. I also like to keep a plate of cut up vegis in my fridge and throw some in my lunchbox. As for snacks, I use fresh fruit, almonds, cashews, oatmeal bars, cereal (multi-grain cheerios, kashi, optimum), protein bars, dried fruit, and jerky.
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    one thing I do is get smart ones or lean cusine. oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, everything everyone else says too. just wanted to add the smart ones in....
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    You can try protein shakes? Find a powder you actually like, and you can blend it with all sorts of things; fruit, milk, nut butters, etc. It's obviously not as satisfying as a meal, but it's good and fast in a pinch =)
  • healthychic
    Options
    Thank you everyone! all really good ideas, i will definatly try them!
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am really big on string cheese. It is somewhat filling for a snack and I can eat in in the car or easily bring it somewhere. In terms of lunches, when I worked full time It was all about lean cuisine for me :)