BCAA recommendations?

Options
What is your take on BCAAs? Do you think they help in the recovery process like they are intended to do? What brands, if any, do you like. Thanks.

Replies

• crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i am currently using amino build my muscletech. i love the flavored green apple and i think my lifts are far more powerful while i use it!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I think you get plenty of them by consuming complete protein sources...
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I use Cellucor BCAA Cor-Performance. Personally I like it a lot. Some say it's a crock o shizz, but I definitely notice a difference in my lifts and recovery time.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Food. If you're getting enough protein, you're almost certainly getting sufficient BCAAs.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just to re-iterate: Food. Meat, especially.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I tke BSN Aminox post-worktout. I love Watermelon flavor. I don't feel as sore as before.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I take musclepharm BCAA and love them def dont feel as sore! Very quick recovery I can tell the difference when I dont take them... I have tried Cellucor BCAA and didnt think much of it.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My trainer advised to take BCAA when working out on an empty stomach, as well as when I come to him for grueling weight training sessions. I use the watermelon flavor from Tri-Pep. Tastes just like a jolly rancher, and I don't get near as sore after a workout.

ETA: I also consume 210g of meat-derived protein each day. Despite this, my recovery used to be miserable. Started the BCAA's as advised and recovery has become a non-issue. :)