earthquake

Options
Hey all,

So, I have been dealing with a cold since yesterday. I don't have a lot of energy, so I've been napping a lot. My alarm had just gone off and I had hit snooze (as I often do!) Nothing gets you out of bed faster than an earthquake!! I threw on my earthquake shoes that I always keep by my bed. I was debating which doorway or table to brace against (it is my first earthquake in my new home). Then, it was over. No damage, and things are fine here in my neck of Los Angeles. Maybe I can go back to sleep now...

Replies

• maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

So, I have been dealing with a cold since yesterday. I don't have a lot of energy, so I've been napping a lot. My alarm had just gone off and I had hit snooze (as I often do!) Nothing gets you out of bed faster than an earthquake!! I threw on my earthquake shoes that I always keep by my bed. I was debating which doorway or table to brace against (it is my first earthquake in my new home). Then, it was over. No damage, and things are fine here in my neck of Los Angeles. Maybe I can go back to sleep now...
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are okay! :noway:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm watching Fox now about the quake! Glad that you are ok!!!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I live in Riverside County and it was shaking for a while here. No damage, but I have 3 boys and my youngest is 2 1/2, so this is his first one and he came screaming from the other room. He has settled down some, but he is still a little shaken.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    My brother is sitting in the VA Hospital in LA. Got hit with the 'quake pretty hard.

:flowerforyou:
    I hope all are ok!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am watching the news as well. My husband is a news junkie and sent me a text telling me LA had gotten hit. Was it very strong? I have felt a lot of tremors growing up in Puerto Rico. I have forgotten now how they feel. But they can shake you up pretty good, no pun intended. Take care!!!!
  • cherrybe
    cherrybe Posts: 19
    Options
    I am really glad that you are ok. I am from Scotland we get a load of rain, but thankfully not too many earthquakes! ( although they do happen sometimes but really small ones)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

XXX
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am in Wildomar just north of Temecula and we felt it really strong...we are about 20-25 miles from epicenter....I have lived here since 82 and I STILL HATE EARTHQUAKES!!!
    A few things fell off shelves but otherwise no damage...(other than my NERVES!!!)
    Blessings!
    Kathey
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    the initial report was that it was a 5.6 but they usually downgrade it later in the day.
  • MDnns
    MDnns Posts: 18
    Options
    I am in a highrise in Downtown Los Angeles. I was born and raised here but these things steel come as a shock when it happens. I hear lots of sirens but I doubt if there are really any serious injuries.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    How scary - my co-worker is there for the NBTA convention and I was on IM with him during the quake I thought he was joking

All the years we've travelled never expierenced one thank goodness.

We are in Florida like he said he'll take a hurricane anyday at least we get advance notice.

Stay safe!
  • momi
    momi Posts: 9
    Options
    I work about 10 miles from the epicenter and we definitely felt the jolts. I am a California native and as often as we get hit by earthquakes...it's still pretty scary no matter what!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    That was a freakin big quake!!

Even though I am an adult
    I hate earthquakes
    Earthquakes scare me
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yep my kids are still scared! We live in Brea about 5-10 miles from the epicenter.
    This is our 1st big one. We are from MN and moved out here almost 2 years ago.
    Never had to worry about this before.
    :sick: I felt kinda dizzy for awhile. :sick:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg hugs and so glad you are okay!!!! earthquakes yike....we don't get them here but my cousin lived in Cali for many years and he'd tell me they were pretty frequent.....again, hugs and prayers your way!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou: be safe!!!