New to this!

Options
So I am pretty new to this dieting and weight loss thing. I have no idea how many calories I should be eating a day. MFP says 1380 to lose 1.5 lbs a week. Is this not to low?? I am 5'7 and 168 pounds. I would like to be at 140 again. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Glens_Life
    Glens_Life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It depends what you filled out for how active you are. I put my active to light even thought its not always light at my work. If you filled everything else out right it should be right.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty new to this dieting and weight loss thing. I have no idea how many calories I should be eating a day. MFP says 1380 to lose 1.5 lbs a week. Is this not to low?? I am 5'7 and 168 pounds. I would like to be at 140 again. Any help would be appreciated.

You may want to lose 1.5lbs a week but it's not recommended.

At 168 to 140 that is 28lbs...1/2lb-1lb a week is sufficent and more healthy.

I eat 1600-1700 a day...lift weights 3x a week and do cardio 2x a week and lose about on average 1/2lb a week. I am 165 5 ft 7" and my current goal is 155.

But remember MFP is set so you eat your exercise calories back...that number is without exercise.