1200/atkins

Options
Hi, just hoping for some help.
Less than 2 weeks ago I started on a low carb diet sort of like the Atkins induction. Whilst I was on it I maintained around 1000-1200 calories eating quiet often with small healthy meals (minus the carbs) But after being on it for a week or so, I decided to stop after continuously feeling weak and tired. I don't think I even reached ketnosis as I wasn't eating enough fat.

Now that I am on a 1200 calorie diet (give or take 100 calories) and exercising quite frequently, I was wondering when abouts I would start loosing weight? During the atkins diet I didn't lose a pound and now that I've been on this diet a few days now I just wanted to know when abouts I would start to see the weight budge?
And if there is anything I can do in order to speed things up or help aid my weight loss in any way?

-By exercise I mean I got to the gym about 3 times a week and I walk quite a bit aswell

Any help would be great, thanks!

56128166.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• FungusGirl
    FungusGirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Too much protein will act the same way carbs do if you have too little fat. Your body will burn the excess protein first, which may be why you were tired with the Keto-flu for so long (Rabbit Starvation is a lot of protein, too little fat). Look up Ketogenic diet.
    You should have at least lost your 10 pounds or so of water weight!!
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Less than 2 weeks ago I started on a low carb diet sort of like the Atkins induction. Whilst I was on it I maintained around 1000-1200 calories eating quiet often with small healthy meals (minus the carbs) But after being on it for a week or so, I decided to stop after continuously feeling weak and tired. I don't think I even reached ketnosis as I wasn't eating enough fat.

Now that I am on a 1200 calorie diet (give or take 100 calories) and exercising quite frequently, I was wondering when abouts I would start loosing weight? During the atkins diet I didn't lose a pound and now that I've been on this diet a few days now I just wanted to know when abouts I would start to see the weight budge?
    And if there is anything I can do in order to speed things up or help aid my weight loss in any way?

-By exercise I mean I got to the gym about 3 times a week and I walk quite a bit aswell

56128166.png

A food scale, accurate logging and a lot of patience.
  • Karolina864
    Options
    I';ve been logging my calorie intake, liquid consumption and exercise since I started and all are saying I should be losing weight however I am not. I am drinking around 2.5/3 litres of water as well. Didn't loose any of the water weight during my week of atkins induction. I started a 1200 calorie diet straight after because I didn't want to 'lose' the progress I had already made but don't think that's made any difference to shifting weight
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It depends on your metabolism. Everybody is different. It took me around 4 weeks to see results even though I cut down on calories and was exercising every day. After 4 weeks,my scale suddenly dropped 5 lbs. and then it was approx. .5 to 1 lb every week aft er that. Just have patience and keep at it.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So, you changed your eating habits two weeks ago, then again last week? It's going to take some time, much more than that. Make sure you weigh and measure all your food, and log accurately.
  • Karolina864
    Options
    Thanks! I thought it would drop bit by bit, didn't think of the possibility of it dropping drastically at a point.
    I thought I may have just been eating too many calories or not exercising enough to make a difference but i think for my heigh 5ft 7 1200 is the minimum and so should soon make a difference
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options

56128166.png

A food scale, accurate logging and a lot of patience.

^^^ this. It is easy to underestimate food quantities when you do not use a food scale. My guess is that you are eating more calories than your target calories. Get a kitchen scale and measure weights accurately.