Quiet Exercise - Working out in an apartment/flat??

Options
What kind of exercise can I do with people living below me? I don't want to approach them and ask. I just wanted to know if anyone had any tips of quiet exercise?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with non-jumping calisthenics like pushups, squats, bridge, leg lifts, etc. For cardio, again, I'd go with non-jumping. Dancing, step-aerobics, something along those lines. Look online for low impact aerobics.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you try to exercise when they are not home or particularly noisy, it will not bother them. Or perhaps short bursts 15 min, several times a day will be less obtrusive. But anyhow to answer your question, strength training with hand weights, possibly a treadmill, or elliptical machine, Situps, pushups, toe touches. be creative. Maybe suggest to the landlord if there is room to set up a workout room.
  • Jelise24
    Jelise24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I live on the second story in an apartment building too. I try to schedule my workouts during a time that I know the people living downstairs are not home, but I've also done my workouts while they are home...without any complaints. Some of the things I do for cardio are:

Treadmill
    The Firm dvd's
    Step aerobics
    Zumba dvd's
  • Cara2708
    Cara2708 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! all great advice :)
  • bragz
    bragz Posts: 22
    Options
    I would think a stationary bike would be ideal if you really want to be quiet. They can be had pretty cheap on Craigslist.
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It depends on what is your focus for workout?! However, you must do cardio at least 3 times a week. And, maintain your diet. Yoga is also quite good in indoor exercises.