Need a bit of help.

Options
I have been doing well, in just about 6 months I have lost 50 lbs. I have 10 left to go. I have fallen off the wagon a bit and some of it has to do with the fact I changed jobs. I no longer work in retail I work in an office with one other person and find myself going out more often. Not eating as well and I have put back on 3 lbs. as I was 7 lbs from my goal. I am feeling bit shaky and my gym partner stopped going with me two months ago and I continued on my own but even now with the new job gym time hasn't been as easy or even as motivated to go. I am looking for words of encouragement if anyone has any. Having fitnesspal on my iPhone has helped but I need to make this final push and not sure right now that I feel I can do it.

Replies

• cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I work in an office, too. Instead of going to the gym, try walking instead. You won't have six pack abs, but it does burn calories and is better than nothing. On the days you don't go out to eat, pack a healthy lunch. On the days you do eat out, take healthy snacks so that you can order and eat less during lunch.
  • autumnater
    autumnater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you are having to go through all these adjustments,,,but they are just that....adjustments! So keep your eyes focused on your original plan and you'll be just fine. Remember how those extra 50 lbs felt and it should motivate you again too. Its only natural when you have a job change as in your case and you lost a workout buddie to feel some stress...keep focused on the prize. You are doing this to get healthier and have come a long way...keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up over 3 lbs...just get focused and you'll see it vanush before your eyes. I can't await till I can say I have lost these extra 50lbs...so Good JOB GIRLFRIEND! Perhaps if you increased your water? I know that sitting at a desk does not afford you the ability to just drink water all day and you may not even be able to have a drink at your desk. If there are elevators..take the stairs. Make healthy choices for lunch that include fiber to keep you from binge snacking too.

I am rooting for you! Let me know how you are doing!
  • Railvas
    Options
    Thank you both for your input. However, I should point out, although perhaps a bit misleading, I am in fact a male. Sadly not much stairs as it's a very small company I work for, however, looking at where I have come from has given me some motivation as you all mentioned to fuel me to where I want to end up. Thank you for the helpful words! I am definitely going to try to increase my water and attempt to increase my fiber as I have also noticed that going from retail to a desk job has proven to be more mentally draining so by the end of the day I don't want to work out because my brain wants to sleep. Perhaps fiber will help with a bit of energy.
  • Railvas
    Options
    P.S. The picture is my girlfriend on the left and myself on the right at a Renaissance fair we went to recently.