Struggling to loose my last 10lbs

Options
I am struggliing to loose my last 10lbs. On a sunny week I normally run about 10-12 miles a week and it appears that my mid section is the last place to hold fat. I do not have a gym membership, but managed to loose 22lbs without one. Can someone help please?

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Girl you need to do some sort of strength training with compound movements! :)
  • Waggoner83
    Waggoner83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Girl you need to do some sort of strength training with compound movements! :)
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    You are right I am way past due on my strength training. I have very limited options not having a membership to a gym. I will soon make that an investment in my fitness.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    You are right I am way past due on my strength training. I have very limited options not having a membership to a gym. I will soon make that an investment in my fitness.

In the mean time you don't need a gym membership. Plenty you can do with body weight or a few free weights hidden under your bed!!

Last 10 is always the hardest and the slowest to come off!!! Be patient and consistent
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I don't have a gym membership either. But using free weights, bands, or just your body weight is all you need. You can google some moves or find someone in IG. lots of great ideas out there just with your own body weight! :)
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Lift. I'm doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women... and have managed to do pretty much the entire thing (on phase 2 now) with just dumbbells. There are some moves that call for a cable system but you can easily manage that with a good set of bands.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you there. I run about the same as you and am struggling with the las 5 - 9 lbs. I recently joined the Y and met with a personal trainer who also used MFP to lose 60 lbs. She suggested weight training as well. But you can do that w/o joining a gym. There are several book/DVD that talk about body weight for weight training and apps on ipad and smart phones that lay out weight training plans using your own body. But if you have Y in your area, they do have no contracts and have income based membership rates.
    Fell free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I have a smaller friend list to try to keep up the support and keep up with everyone! Good luck!
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    Thanks ladies you all are the bomb! I guess I need to learn how to use my body weight at home. I hate doing push ups and it hurts very much, but I guess it is time that I start. I know there are other excercises that are out there to help me, but I just need to do some research.:smile:
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about Phentramine.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    1. Like everyone has said - strength training!
    2. Try something new - running is great, I'm a runner too. But sometimes you need to change it up. Try biking, swimming, kickboxing, whatever sounds interesting. Or change up your running - add some intervals or hill repeats.
    3. Make sure you are measuring and weighing all your food - when you only have a little left to lose, the margin of error is very small. Slightly underestimate your calories, and you are stuck.
    4. Be consistent. Again, there's little margin of error.

It's tough. I'm working on my last 6, again.
    Hang in there!
    And try to lift some weights :smile:
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    1. Like everyone has said - strength training!
    2. Try something new - running is great, I'm a runner too. But sometimes you need to change it up. Try biking, swimming, kickboxing, whatever sounds interesting. Or change up your running - add some intervals or hill repeats.
    3. Make sure you are measuring and weighing all your food - when you only have a little left to lose, the margin of error is very small. Slightly underestimate your calories, and you are stuck.
    4. Be consistent. Again, there's little margin of error.

It's tough. I'm working on my last 6, again.
    Hang in there!
    And try to lift some weights :smile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No need to take something - the last 10lbs will come off with a small calorie deficit and some good exercise.

I agree with the others about doing some resistance work - body weight training is awesome. I haven't ever set foot in a gym for my weight loss and fitness goals - all done at home. I have dumbbells, but even if you don't, there's great stuff out there you can do on your own.

Check out Fitness Blender for a ton of free workout vids - many of them do not require equipment. http://www.fitnessblender.com/
    And if you have a smart phone, download the Nike Training Club app - free and loaded with over 100 workouts.

And be patient - those last 10lbs can take some time to come off. The closer you get, the slower it goes, but it will happen. :) Enjoy the process and getting healthier as you go - it's worth it.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    No need to take something - the last 10lbs will come off with a small calorie deficit and some good exercise.

I agree with the others about doing some resistance work - body weight training is awesome. I haven't ever set foot in a gym for my weight loss and fitness goals - all done at home. I have dumbbells, but even if you don't, there's great stuff out there you can do on your own.

Check out Fitness Blender for a ton of free workout vids - many of them do not require equipment. http://www.fitnessblender.com/
    And if you have a smart phone, download the Nike Training Club app - free and loaded with over 100 workouts.

And be patient - those last 10lbs can take some time to come off. The closer you get, the slower it goes, but it will happen. :) Enjoy the process and getting healthier as you go - it's worth it.